High Velocity Bowling
High Velocity Bowling is a virtual bowling sports game available from the PlayStation Network, and available for download Via the PlayStation Store. The game was released in 2007 for the PlayStation 3. The game was developed by SCE San Diego Studio's in-house studio, Team Ramrod, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. The game was first announced at the SCEA's Gamers Day 2007 at their Santa Monica Studios. The European release date was originally scheduled for an April 2008 release, but this was then delayed until May because of the new and improved PlayStation Store, included in Firmware 2.3. The game was released in the PAL region on May 6, 2008. On September 21, 2010, an update made the game playable with the PlayStation Move controller.
|High Velocity Bowling|
PlayStation Store icon
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
High Velocity Bowling varies from other bowling games by introducing a challenge mode. The player has to go through every level to unlock all of the 10 playable characters and all of the 10 lanes. Each level has three challenges to complete. These challenges can be tournaments, matches or trick shots, where the objective is to get a strike while following a certain road. The game also has a trophy room, in which the player can see his trophies, rings and patches he gained through the game. While the player can use the Sixaxis for the bowling swing, there are other control schemes in the game. Finally, High Velocity Bowling has a multiplayer mode, where up to four people can play online and offline. At TGS 2009 it was confirmed that High Velocity Bowling would get an update that would add support for PlayStation Move.
The game received "average" reviews according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. In Japan, where the Move edition was ported for release as Free! Free! Bowling on December 9, 2010, Famitsu gave it a score of one six, two sevens, and one five for a total of 25 out of 40.
- "High Velocity Bowling for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Cruz, Mike (September 1, 2010). "High Velocity Bowling Review". 1UP.com. Archived from the original on June 3, 2016. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Whitehead, Dan (November 25, 2007). "PlayStation Store Roundup (Page 2)". Eurogamer. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Brian (December 1, 2010). "Complete Famitsu review scores". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- "High Velocity Bowling". GamesMaster. March 2008. p. 84.
- Lafferty, Michael (January 9, 2008). "High Velocity Bowling - PS3 - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on October 5, 2008. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Bishop, Sam (November 19, 2007). "High Velocity Bowling Review". IGN. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- "High Velocity Bowling: Move Edition". PlayStation Official Magazine – UK. December 25, 2010.
- "High Velocity Bowling". PlayStation Official Magazine – UK. March 2008. p. 112.
- "Review: High Velocity Bowling: Move Edition". PlayStation: The Official Magazine. No. 38. November 2010. p. 72.
- "Review: High Velocity Bowling". PSM3. March 2008. p. 80.
- Orry, Tom (January 17, 2008). "High Velocity Bowling Review". VideoGamer.com. Retrieved November 4, 2017.