High Street, Melbourne
There are several High Streets in Melbourne, Australia, but the two best known are:
- a major southeast-northwest thoroughfare (Metropolitan Route 24) running from St Kilda Road to Ashburton, where it becomes High Street Road heading through Glen Waverley, ending in Wantirna South at Burwood Highway very close (around 400m) to Westfield Knox. High Street Armadale is a well-known shopping precinct. The number 6 tram runs along High Street between St Kilda Road and Glen Iris railway station.
- a major south-north arterial road running from Westgarth to Epping, where it becomes Epping Road, ending in Wandong. For most of its route, it roughly parallels the Mernda railway line, crossing it at Reservoir. The number 86 tram route runs along High Street between Westgarth and Thornbury.  Landmarks along its route include the former Valhalla Cinema, the former Preston and Northcote Town Halls, and the Pacific Epping shopping centre. High Street Northcote is a major shopping strip.
- Main Roads Victoria, "Metropolitan Route 24". 16 April 2014. http://mrv.ozroads.com.au/metropolitan_routes/24/24.php Accessed 2018-03-07.
- "6 Moreland - Glen Iris". Public Transport Victoria.
- "86 Bundoora RMIT - Waterfront City Docklands". Public Transport Victoria.
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|