Hibi Eden (born 19 April 1983) is an Indian politician from Ernakulam, Kerala and member of the Indian National Congress. Hibi is the son of Politician and long time member of Parliament from Eranakulam constituency Late Mr. George Eden
|Member of Parliament from Ernakulam|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||K. V. Thomas, INC|
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Kerala|
|Born||19 April 1983|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Residence||New Delhi / Kochi|
Hibi Eden was elected as a member of the Legislative Assembly of Kerala from Ernakulam District in 2011. Hibi is also the president of the NSUI, the National students wing of The Indian National Congress.
Hibi Eden was born in Ernakulam, Kerala to the former Ernakulam MP, the late George Eden (who died in office, 2003) on 19 April 1983. He has a younger sister. He lost his mother at an early age and he and his younger sister were raised by their aunt. .
Hibi Eden is married to Anna Linda, a Malayalam channel anchor on January 30, 2012 at Kaloor St Francis Xavier church after 4 years of love.The couple has a daughter Clara Eden born on 27 November 2012. Hibi is a devout member of the Roman Catholic Latin Rite Archdiocese of Verapoly, Ernakulam.
Hibi Eden was the general secretary of the KSU led Union at Sacred Heart College, Thevara. He then became the State Committee President of the Kerala Students Union which he held until 2009. He was an ex President of the nsu(i) National Students Union of India. He was highly favored to stand as the Indian National Congress candidate in the Ernakulam (Lok Sabha constituency) for the 2009 Indian general election.
He was the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Kerala from Ernakulam constituency winning the 2011 Kerala Assembly elections by a 32,437 vote majority making him the youngest member in the Assembly.. In 2016 assembly elections, He got elected for the second time as the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Kerala from Ernakulam constituency winning by 21949 votes. In 2019 Loksabha election he contested from Ernakulam (Lok Sabha constituency) and Eden won by a margin of over 1.6 lakh votes against his nearest rival P Rajeev of CPI(M).
- "Archive News". The Hindu.
- "Share/Stock Market News - Latest NSE, BSE, Business News, Stock/Share Tips, Sensex Nifty, Commodity, Global Market News & Analysis". Moneycontrol.
- Basheer, K.P.M. (16 March 2009). "Archbishop's letter draws criticism. Rooting for Hibi termed interference in the political affairs of a party". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "'George Eden an outstanding politician'". The New Indian Express. Kochi. 29 July 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Dr Sebastian Paul _ Ernakulam MP/More a journalist than a politician". 1 November 2009. Archived from the original on 13 March 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "The Hindu : 'Netagiri' on the shelf?". www.thehindu.com.
- "Eranakulam Candidates Kerala Assembly Election 2016 & Results". Zee News. Archived from the original on 24 May 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "Ernakulam Election and Results 2018, Candidate list, Winner, Runner-up, Current MLA and Previous MLAs". www.elections.in.