This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hettie Macdonald is an English film, theatre and television director who won a Grand Prix award, an International Jury Award - Honorable Mention and a People's Choice Award for her work on the film Beautiful Thing.
|Occupation||Film director, theatre director, television director|
Macdonald is known as the director of "Blink", the Hugo Award-winning 2007 episode of the Doctor Who series. The episode is widely regarded as the best episode of the series since its 2005 revival. In 2009, SFX named the episode's climax as the scariest moment in Doctor Who's history, citing its "perfect direction". She has also directed for the stage. She studied English at Bristol University before training as a director at the Royal Court Theatre. She was formerly associate director at the Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich.
- Beautiful Thing (1996)
- Lily and the Secret Planting (incomplete)
- "Whatever It Takes" (1997)
- "What Friends Are For" (1997)
- The Fixer
- Episodes 5 and 6 of Season One
- In a Land of Plenty (2001)
- Episodes 4 to 6 (2003)
- "The Mystery of the Blue Train" (2005)
- "Curtain" (2013)
- Banglatown Banquet (2006)
- Doctor Who
- White Girl (2008)
- Wallander (2010)
- Law and Order: UK (2010)
- Hit & Miss (2012)
- The Tunnel (2013)
- Fortitude (2015)
- Howards End (2017)
- On Insomnia and Midnight (2006 - Royal Court)
- M.A.D. (2004 - Bush Theatre)
- Top Girls (2002 - Citizens Theatre)
- She Stoops To Conquer (2002 - Theatre Royal, Margate)
- The Storm (1998 - Almeida Theatre)
- Hey Persephone! (1998 - Aldeburgh Festival/ Almeida Theatre)
- The Northern Fox (1997 - Ambassadors Theatre)
- Holden, Stephen (October 9, 1996). "Beautiful Thing (1996) Finally Finding a Mate, in Working-Class London". The New York Times.
- Jaafar, Ali (7 June 2016). "Hettie Macdonald To Direct 'Howards End' Adaptation For BBC". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "21 Scariest Doctor Who Moments 7". SFX. 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2012-04-14.