Heron Quays DLR station
Heron Quays is a light metro station on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) Bank to Lewisham Line in the Heron Quays area of Canary Wharf in East London. The station is situated on the Isle of Dogs and serves the southern part of the Canary Wharf office complex and is directly connected to that complex's Jubilee Place underground shopping centre. The station is elevated and contained within one of the complex's office towers. It has an out of station interchange (OSI) for Canary Wharf Underground station on London Underground's Jubilee line. Through ticketing is allowed between both stations.
|Location||Heron Quays, Canary Wharf|
|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Canary Wharf |
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|31 August 1987||Opened|
|2002||Rebuilt during construction works at Canary Wharf|
|London transport portal|
Originally open-air, the station was moved 200 metres south (to fit inside the new buildings) and a longer platform was built at this new site to accommodate three-unit trains planned as part of the DLR Capacity Enhancement; the station re-opened on 18 December 2002.
Services and connectionsEdit
The station is on the Docklands Light Railway Lewisham branch, between Canary Wharf and South Quay stations. The typical off-peak service, in trains per hour (tph) is:
- 12 tph to Bank
- 12 tph to Lewisham
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Out-of-Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Feather, Clive (17 September 2018). "Docklands Light Railway". Clive's Underground Line Guides. Archived from the original on 6 February 2019. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Buses from Canary Wharf" (pdf). Transport for London. 31 August 2013. Archived (PDF) from the original on 6 February 2019. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||