Hero (2019 Russian film)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hero (Russian: Герой, trans. Geroj or Geroy) is a 2019 Russian spy action comedy film directed by Karen Oganesyan. It stars Alexander Petrov as Andrey Rodin, Russian spy who was forced to back to action after years away from his homeland. The film also features Svetlana Khodchenkova, Vladimir Mashkov and Konstantin Lavronenko.
Domestic Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Karen Oganesyan|
|Screenplay by||Nikolay Kulikov|
|Music by||Roman Selivyorstov|
|Edited by||Maksim Urmanov|
|Distributed by||Central Partnership |
All Media Company
|Budget||250 million rubles|
|Box office||178 043 638 rubles|
The shooting took 47 shifts - from April to June 2018. In addition, several scenes due to the crazy busyness of the leading actors had to be finished in a year. The film was shot in the city of Riga, Jurmala and Sigulda, Latvia, the Republic of Crimea and the Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia.
Andrey Rodin was trained 15 years ago in a special school of the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR), where agents were trained from teenagers. In the early 2000s, the project was closed, and the main character has long settled in one of the European cities and no longer remembers Russia.
Once he picks up the phone and hears the voice of his father, who is considered dead. He informs Andrey Rodin that he is open for hunting. Unknown services are trying to destroy him and he can only escape. Andrey Rodin now has a desire not only to survive, but also to find his father again. To the aid of the protagonist comes his first love, Masha, who also has an interest in everything that happens. Andrey is getting more and more involved in espionage game, not realizing the true scale.
- Alexander Petrov as Andrey Olegovich Rodin, Russian spy, Oleg Rodin's son of a scout, mnemonics.
- Yan Alabushev as Young Andrey Rodin
- Svetlana Khodchenkova as Mariya "Masha" Rakhmanova, Andrey Rodin's love interest, scout.
- Vladimir Mashkov as Oleg Rodin, Andrey Rodin's father, Former SVR Colonel, curator of the intelligence school "Youth".
- Konstantin Lavronenko as Maksim Mikhailovich Kataev, SVR officer
- Marina Petrenko as Zotova, operations officer from the headquarters of the SVR in Moscow.
- Anastasiya Todoresku as Helena Burger, SVR agent
- Tobias Aspelin as Mark Polson, a wealthy US businessman
Filming began in April 2018 and takes place in Europe, Kaliningrad and Moscow. Actors had to perform tricks on the ground, in water and in the air. In one scene, the heroes fly off a balloon in wingsuits (winged overalls), and in another they jump from the roof of a 27-story skyscraper.