Here I Am (Bryan Adams song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Here I Am" is a song co-written and recorded by Canadian artist Bryan Adams. The song was written and recorded in 2002 for the movie Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and was both released on the official soundtrack and as a single. The single reached number-one in Taiwan, Azerbaijan, Portugal and hit number 5 in both the US and the UK. The song won an ASCAP Award and was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. Adams also recorded a French version called "Me voilà".
|"Here I Am"|
|Single by Bryan Adams|
|from the album Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron|
|Released||June 11, 2002|
|Producer(s)||Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for Flyte Tyme Productions|
|Bryan Adams singles chronology|
The music video is set in the American Southwest featuring Adams and several women living in the wilderness trying to survive from the thirst, snakes etc. They are all portrayed as giants roaming on the landscape. Also there is a reference to the movie, as a herd of horses is running through the desert. The video was directed by Mike Lipscombe and produced by Michael J. Pierce. Bryan Adams' performance, along with all the actor performances were filmed in a green screen studio in Hollywood, California. The background for the video was filmed in Monument Valley, Utah from a helicopter. The sequences with the horses were filmed at ranch in Santa Clarita, against a large green screen so that the action of the horses could be manipulated in post-production. The total production period, from start to finish, was six days, which is an extremely aggressive turnaround for a project that was all green screen and visual effects. This was necessary to premier the music video at the Hollywood screening of the film Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.
Double CD set versionEdit
- "Here I Am (Soundtrack version)
- "Cloud Number 9 (Live From Slane Castle version)
- "I'm Ready (Live At Slane Castle version)
- "Here I Am ((End Title) Fade End)
- "Here I Am (Instrumental version)
- "You Can't Take Me (Alternate version)
- "Here I Am (Video version)
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||12|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||14|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||2|
|Brazilian Singles Chart (ABPD)||24|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||17|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||29|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||48|
|Romania (Romanian Top 100)||7|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||24|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||5|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||5|
- "Austriancharts.at – Bryan Adams – Here I Am" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams – Here I Am" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams – Here I Am" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Brazil" (PDF). ABPD. October 6, 2001. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- "Danishcharts.com – Bryan Adams – Here I Am". Tracklisten.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Bryan Adams – Here I Am". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Here I Am". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Bryan Adams" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.nz – Bryan Adams – Here I Am". Top 40 Singles.
- Romanian peak
- "Swedishcharts.com – Bryan Adams – Here I Am". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bryan Adams – Here I Am". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Bryan Adams: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company.
- "Bryan Adams Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.