Herald Sun Player of the Year
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Herald Sun Player of the Year award is a media award for the Australian Football League (AFL) given by Melbourne newspaper the Herald Sun. It has been awarded annually since 1991 to the player who garners the most votes throughout the season, with a selected Herald Sun journalist awarding five votes to the player they judge to be the "best on ground", four votes to the second-best player, three votes to the third-best player, two votes to the fourth-best player and one vote for the fifth best player.
|1992||Scott Wynd ||Footscray|
|1994||Greg Williams ||Carlton|
|1995||Nicky Winmar ||St Kilda|
|1996||Nathan Burke||St Kilda|
|1997||Robert Harvey||St Kilda|
|1999||Shane Crawford ||Hawthorn|
|2000||Anthony Koutoufides ||Carlton|
|2001||Simon Black ||Brisbane Lions|
|2002||Luke Darcy ||Western Bulldogs|
|2003||Michael Voss||Brisbane Lions|
|2004||Warren Tredrea||Port Adelaide|
|2005||Ben Cousins ||West Coast|
|2007||Gary Ablett, Jr.||Geelong|
|2008||Brent Harvey||North Melbourne|
|2012||Gary Ablett Jr.||Gold Coast|
|2013||Gary Ablett Jr.
|2019||Marcus Bontempelli||Western Bulldogs|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 16 June 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 May 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 May 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Herald Sun 7 August 2000 p.34
- Herald Sun 3 September 2001 p.34
- Herald Sun 2 September 2002 p.30
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 May 2013. Retrieved 21 June 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Herald Sun $10,000 Player of the Year". Herald Sun. 9 July 2007. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Boomer takes the prize". Herald Sun. 4 September 2008. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- Edmund, Sam (31 August 2009). "Dean [sic] Swan takes top prize". Herald Sun. Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- Evans, Heath (29 November 2010). "AFL Players Association MVP Awards". AFL Players' Association. Retrieved 20 June 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Horan, Michael (5 September 2011). "Hawthorn's Sam Mitchell wins the Herald Sun award". Herald Sun. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- Paton, Al (3 September 2012). "Gary Ablett, Jobe Watson share SuperFooty Player Rater award". Herald Sun. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Gold Coast captain Gary Ablett and Fremantle star Nathan Fyfe join winners of the Herald Sun Player of the Year Award". Herald Sun. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Herald Sun - Player Of The Year
- Player of the Year: Nat Fyfe wins despite not polling in last 9 rounds
- Wood, Lauren (30 August 2017). "Alex Rance named All-Australian captain at full-back, Paddy Ryder wins ruck battle". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Herald Sun Sport [@heraldsunsport] (27 August 2018). "Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy has stormed home to win this year's @theheraldsun player of the year award" (Tweet). Retrieved 27 August 2018 – via Twitter.
- SuperFooty (AFL) (27 August 2019). "2019 Coaches MVP Herald Sun Player of the Year Brownlow http://bit.ly/2zqhFJo pic.twitter.com/kvSzCwznJb". @superfooty. Retrieved 18 December 2019. External link in
|This Australian rules football-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This sports award or trophy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|