The Herald was a monthly magazine of politics and current affairs published by the Dawn Media Group from 1970 to 2019 in Karachi, Pakistan. The Herald has been responsible for producing many large and breaking stories since it started.
Cover of the May 2016 Herald
|Editor||Muhammad Badar Alam|
|Former editors||Razia Bhatti|
|Categories||Politics and current affairs|
|First issue||January 1970|
|Final issue||July 14, 2019|
|Company||Dawn Media Group|
|Based in||Karachi, Pakistan|
It was Pakistan’s most widely read monthly magazine, providing in-depth analyses, investigative reporting and an extensive coverage of current affairs. The magazine enjoyed a wide circulation abroad, particularly among academics and Pakistani expatriate communities in the Middle East, United Kingdom and North America.
It stopped publication after its last issue in July 2019.
- "Razia Bhatti | 1994 Courage in Journalism Award". IWMF. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- Khan, Aamer Ahmed (26 September 2019). "Reason in the midst of chaos". Aurora Magazine. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
The Herald was never a widely circulated magazine. At its best, its circulation numbered in the thousands, never in the tens of thousands.
- "Stop press". Herald Magazine. 14 July 2019. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
- "Herald (Pakistan)". Publicitas. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- 1948 edition, 1969 last edition
- Muhajir, Tauqeer (5 April 2018). "SPLENDOUR AMIDST MAGAZINES". Aurora Magazine. Retrieved 29 September 2019.
|This political magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.