Henry Quartey (born 12 March 1971) is a Ghanaian politician and member of the Seventh Parliament of the Fourth Republic of Ghana representing the Ayawaso Central Constituency in the Greater Accra Region on the ticket of the New Patriotic Party. He is currently the Minister for Greater Accra Region.
|Member of the Ghana Parliament|
for Ayawaso Central Constituency
|Assumed office |
7 January 2017
|Born||12 March 1971|
|Political party||New Patriotic Party|
Early life and educationEdit
Quartey was born on 12 March 1971. He hails from Otublohum-Accra, a town in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. He had his secondary educations at the Hams Secondary School in Dansoman and Zams Secondary/Technical School in Bolgatanga. He had his G.C.E. O'level at Osu Presbyterian Senior High School. He entered Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration and obtained his postgraduate certificate in Public Administration.
Quartey is a member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP). In 2012, he contested for the Ayawaso Central seat on the ticket of the NPP sixth parliament of the fourth republic and won. He was a member of the Roads and Transport Committee as well as Gender and Children Committee.
He was the CEO of Krafty Hospitality Services Limited in Accra from 2003 to date. He was also the Sales and Marketing Manager of B.B.C Trading from 1992 to 1996. He later became the Regional Director of Dalebrook Company Limited from 1997 to 1998. He was also the Sales Manager and Director of Pecoll Aluminiuim Systems from 1995 to 2000. He was the Deputy Minister for Interior. He established the Ocean Marine Dolphins and he is the Director and CEO. He was the Deputy Minister for National Security. He is currently the Greater Accra Regional Minister.
In September 2021, Henry pledged to support Psalm Adjeteyfio with a monthly stipend of GH¢1,500. Henry claimed he was inspired by Psalm's impact in the film and entertainment industry in Ghana hence the pledge.
- "Parliament of Ghana". www.parliament.gh. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Deputy Minister". Ministry of the Interior│Republic of Ghana. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "President Akufo-Addo reassigns Bryan Acheampong and Henry Quartey". BusinessGhana. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Don't politicize coronavirus combat - Henry Quartey". www.ghanaweb.com. 2020-05-21. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Akufo-Addo reassigns Bryan Acheampong, Henry Quartey". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Firemen urged to aspire for professionalism". MyJoyOnline.com. 2019-10-26. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Graphic, Zoomlion clean up Gbese tomorrow". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2021-05-16.
- Boakye, Edna Agnes (2021-05-20). "Relocate to Adjen Kotoku within seven weeks – Onion traders in Accra ordered". Citinewsroom - Comprehensive News in Ghana. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- ""Let's make Accra work": Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road - MyJoyOnline.com". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- "Ghana MPs - MP Details - Quartey, Henry". www.ghanamps.com. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- "NPP Primaries: Polling Agents Pick Form For Henry Quartey To Contest Ayawaso Central". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Henry Quartey". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Government committed to safeguarding Ghana's peace - Mr Henry Quartey". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "We'll fight galamsey fiercely despite resistance – Minister". Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always. 2017-06-13. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Minister urges Bluecrest trainees to help fight cyber-crime". Citi 97.3 FM - Relevant Radio. Always. 2018-03-13. Retrieved 2020-07-19.
- "Stay off the beach during the Easter holidays – Greater Accra Regional Minister warns - MyJoyOnline.com". www.myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- "Henry Quartey pledges GHS1,500 monthly stipend to Psalm Adjeteyfio". Citinewsroom - Comprehensive News in Ghana. 2021-09-15. Retrieved 2021-09-16.