Henry Kerner is an American lawyer who serves as the Special Counsel in the United States Office of Special Counsel.
|Special Counsel, United States Office of Special Counsel|
|Assumed office |
October 30, 2017
|Preceded by||Carolyn N. Lerner|
|Education||University of California, Los Angeles |
Harvard Law School
He spent 18 years as a prosecutor in California before becoming staff director for U.S. Senator John McCain at the United States Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. In 2011, Kerner joined the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, working beneath Under Chairman Darrell Issa and Chairman Jason Chaffetz.
Kerner went on to become Assistant Vice President for Investigations at the small-government advocacy organization Cause of Action Institute. In June 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Kerner to become Special Counsel at the United States Office of Special Counsel. He was confirmed by the 115th Congress with final voting from the U.S. Senate in October 2017.
- "Scarramucci and other alumni among Trump's recent appointees". Harvard Law Today. July 26, 2017. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "U.S. Office of Special Counsel - Henry Kerner Bio". OSC.gov. Archived from the original on June 15, 2019. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Clark, Charles S. (May 26, 2017). "Trump Selects Capitol Hill Investigator to Run Office of Special Counsel". Government Executive. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Davidson, Joe (June 7, 2017). "Special Counsel Lerner leaves office as Trump rejects highly praised whistleblower advocate". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "One Nomination Sent to the Senate Today". The White House. June 5, 2017. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- White, Eric (October 18, 2017). "OMB orders agencies to gauge cyber risk". Federal News Radio. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
Henry Kerner has received Senate confirmation to be the U.S. Special Counsel at the Office of Special Counsel.
- "Management Issues Raised for OPM, GSA Nominees". FEDweek. October 23, 2017. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
Meanwhile, the Senate has confirmed Henry Kerner to head the Office of Special Counsel.
- Biography at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel
- "Henry Kerner, Assistant Vice President for Investigations". Cause of Action Institute. Archived from the original on July 8, 2017. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Newly Installed Special Counsel Wants to Adjudicate Cases More Swiftly" Government Executive. Retrieved March 6, 2018