Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Henry Miles Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel (born 3 December 1987), is a British nobleman and racing driver. He is the eldest son and heir of the Dukedom of Norfolk. He was known as Lord Maltravers from birth until his father's accession as Duke in 2002.
|Earl of Arundel|
3 December 1987
Cecilia Colacicchi (m. 2016)
|Issue||Lady Flora Fitzalan-Howard|
|British F3 career|
|Current team||Carlin Motorsport|
|Former teams||Räikkönen Robertson Racing|
|Best finish||9th in 2009|
|2006–2007||Formula BMW UK|
Education and careerEdit
Lord Arundel was an economics student at Bristol University but is best recognised for his presence on the Formula racing circuit, including a 2007 third-place finish in the Formula BMW UK. He raced for Räikkönen Robertson Racing in 2008 and Carlin Motorsport in 2009.
Arundel was elected to the Motor Sports Association Race Elite Scheme in April 2007, along with 5 other drivers in various British series. In 2008, Arundel raced for Räikkönen Robertson Racing in the British Formula Three Championship. He scored 21 points, finishing 15th in the standings. Arundel signed for reigning champions Carlin Motorsport for 2009.
The earl also enjoys skiing, hiking, and climbing.
He married Cecilia Mary Elizabeth dei Conti Colacicchi at Arundel Cathedral on 16 July 2016. Cecilia is the daughter of William Colacicchi (son of Mary Helen Renshaw and of Paul Edward Colacicchi, who was grandson of Odoardo Colacicchi, noble of Anagni, created papal count in 1928) and of Clare Elizabeth Vivienne Clutterbuck (daughter of Richard Gray Clutterbuck, of Rowington, and of Gillian Margaret Harding, of Old Springs, herself a descendant of the Somers-Cocks, Baron Somers: both parents of Clare Clutterbuck belonged to gentry families). Odoardo Colacicchi married Elizabeth Isabella Boyes, sister of Victoria Cross recipient Duncan Gordon Boyes. They have a daughter, Lady Flora Mary Isabella Fitzalan-Howard (born on 10 November 2018).
Titles and stylesEdit
- 3 December 1987 — 24 June 2002: Lord Maltravers
- 24 June 2002 – present: Earl of Arundel
- Gripper, Ann (10 April 2009). "British F3 International series 2009: Henry Arundel driver profile". The Mirror. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- Henry Arundel profile in 2006 Archived 12 November 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- Description of Arundel's success Archived 19 November 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- English, Stephen (30 October 2008). "Arundel joins Carlin for 2009". Autosport.com. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Wedding of The Earl of Arundel - 16th July 2016". Arundel Town Council. 7 July 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Elizabeth Isabella Boyes". Meredith of Herefordshire Genealogy Database. 3 April 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2017.
| Page of Honour
The Marquess of Reading
| United Kingdom Order of Precedence
Sebastian Seymour, Lord Seymour
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to English motor racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|