Rolling irrigation pipes keep fields green in Henrieville.
|Named for||James Henrie|
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (4.0 km2)|
|• Land||1.5 sq mi (4.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,997 ft (1,828 m)|
|• Density||147/sq mi (56.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (MDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1428663|
The community was named after James Henrie, a Mormon leader.
Henrieville is in southern Garfield County, along Utah State Route 12. It is 15 miles (24 km) southeast of Bryce Canyon City and 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Escalante. Cannonville, the closest neighboring town, is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) to the west on Route 12.
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year-round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Henrieville has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 159 people, 57 households, and 40 families residing in the town. The population density was 941.9 people per square mile (361.1/km²). There were 83 housing units at an average density of 491.7 per square mile (188.5/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 99.37% White and 0.63% Native American. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.89% of the population.
There were 57 households out of which 33.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.9% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 28.1% were non-families. 26.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 3.41.
In the town, the population was spread out with 32.1% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 20.8% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 18.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 74.7 males. For every ten females age 18 and over, there are eight males.
The median income for a household in the town was $28,500, and the median income for a family was $35,000. Males had a median income of $21,667 versus $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,231. About 4.5% of families and 8.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.2% of those under the age of eighteen and 11.1% of those sixty five or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Henrieville town, Utah". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- The Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine, Volumes 9-10. 1918. p. 187.
- Climate Summary for Henrieville, Utah
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
Media related to Henrieville, Utah at Wikimedia Commons