Though small in absolute diversity of genera, the Hemitheini are nonetheless the largest tribes of geometer moths in the subfamily Geometrinae. Like most Geometrinae, they are small greenish "emerald moths". The tribe was first described by Charles Théophile Bruand d'Uzelle in 1846.
|Small emerald, Hemistola chrysoprasaria|
Several, see text
In some treatments the Comostolini, Hemistolini, Jodini, Microloxiini, Thalassodini and Thalerini are split off as independent tribes. But they are probably paraphyletic among themselves and with respect to the remaining Hemitheini. Consequently, until more information is available they are included in the Hemitheini here.
Selected genera and speciesEdit
A few Geometrinae genera are not yet assigned to a tribe with certainty; some of them might belong here too.
- Albinospila - formerly in Prasinocyma
- Aoshakuna Matsumura, 1925 - often included in Chlorissa; includes Nipponogelasma
- Chlorissa Stephens, 1831
- Chlorochlamys Hulst, 1896
- Chloropteryx Hulst, 1896
- Culpinia Prout, 1912
- Comostola Meyrick, 1888
- Dyschloropsis Warren, 1895
- Gelasma Warren, 1893
- Hemistola Warren, 1893
- Hemithea Duponchel, 1829
- Common emerald, Hemithea aestivaria
- Hethemia Ferguson, 1969
- Idiochlora Warren, 1896
- Jodis Hübner, 1823
- Mesothea Warren, 1901
- Microloxia Warren, 1893
- Mujiaoshakua Inoue, 1955
- Thalera Hübner, 1823
- Xerochlora Ferguson, 1969
- Forum Herbulot (2008)
- Holloway (1996), Beljaev (2007)
- e.g. Holloway (1996)
- See references in Savela (2007)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hemitheini.|
- Beljaev, Eugene A. (2007): Taxonomic changes in the emerald moths (Lepidoptera: Geometridae, Geometrinae) of East Asia, with notes on the systematics and phylogeny of Hemitheini. Zootaxa 1584: 55–68. PDF abstract and first page text
- Forum Herbulot (2008): Family group names in Geometridae. Retrieved 22 July 2008.
- Holloway, J.D. (1996): The Moths of Borneo: Family Geometridae, Subfamilies Oenochrominae, Desmobathrinae and Geometrinae. Malayan Nature Journal 49(3/4): 147-326.
- Savela, Markku (2007): Markku Savela's Lepidoptera and some other life forms: Geometrinae. Version of 2 February 2007. Retrieved 7 July 2008.