Hemei Township is an urban township in northwestern Changhua County, Taiwan. It is bordered by the Dadu River to the north, Shengang and Xianxi to the west, Lukang and Xiushui to the south, and Changhua City to the east.
Daodong Tutorial Academy in Hemei Township
Hemei Township in Changhua County
|Location||Changhua County, Taiwan|
|• Total||40 km2 (20 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,300/km2 (5,900/sq mi)|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Héměi Zhèn|
An early name for the area that is now Hemei was Khah-lí-siān (卡里善), taken from the aboriginal Babuza language. It was late named Hô-bí-sòaⁿ (和美線). The shortened name Hemei became official with the formation of Hemei (Wabi) Village on 1 October 1920 under Japanese rule.
Hemei encompasses 39.93 square kilometers and a population of 91,201, including 46,511 males and 44, 690 females (January 2017).
The township comprises 32 villages, which are Daxia, Detan, Ganjing, Haishe, Haoxiu, Hebei, Henan, Hetung, Hexi, Hunei, Jiabao, Jiali, Licheng, Mianqian, Nandian, Renai, Shanli, Sizhang, Tangyou, Tieshan, Touqian, Tucuo, Xinzhuang, Yagou, Yuanbei, Yuemei, Zengping, Zhaoan, Zhongliao, Zhongwei, Zhuying and Zhuyuan.
- 臺灣地區鄉鎮市區級以上行政區域名稱中英對照表 Glossary of Names for Administrative Divisions. Ministry of the Interior. 26 March Minguo 104 (2015). Retrieved 5 October 2017. (in Chinese)
- "彰化縣和美鎮公所差勤請假系統". Archived from the original on 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- 統計資料 | 一月 | 表四 [Statistics|January|Table 4]. accounting.chcg.gov.tw (in Chinese). Changhua County Government. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- "Taichung MRT to be extended to Changhua, says President Tsai". The China Post. 15 April 2017. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hemei Township, Changhua.|
- Hemei Township Office (in Chinese)
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|