HelloGiggles.com is an entertainment and lifestyle website launched in May 2011. It was founded by actress/musician Zooey Deschanel, producer Sophia Rivka Rossi and writer Molly McAleer. The website is geared toward women, and covers topics in popular culture, love, friendship, careers, style, food, and daily news. HelloGiggles.com is marketed as a "positive online community" by its users with a strict "no gossip" policy. Reader contributions are permitted, and many are published every day.
Type of site
|Created by||Zooey Deschanel|
Sophia Rivka Rossi
Forbes' website called the site "one of the best examples of how the online landscape for women is changing due to fast and effectively strong word of mouth" and that it "offers engaging content for the young professional woman" while showing that the "voice of the modern young woman comes in a variety of flavors". Mashable said the site "warm[s] [the internet] up with fun and empowering, lady-friendly content".
Current era (2015–present)Edit
- Bazilian, Emma (2011-05-27). "Zooey Deschanel's New Lady Site Is Called 'Hello Giggles'". Adweek. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- Deborah Sweeney (2012-04-18). "How Great Word Of Mouth Went Above And Beyond For HelloGiggles". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- Christine Erickson 7 (2012-02-21). "How HelloGiggles Creates a Positive Online Community for Young Women". Mashable.com. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- LA Times: Why Zooey Deschanel's media startup HelloGiggles sold to Time Inc.
- Alyson Shontell (2015-10-19). "Zooey Deschanel's startup Hello Giggles just got bought by Time Inc. for around $30 million". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
|This entertainment website–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|