Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (Greek: Υπηρεσία Πολιτικής Αεροπορίας), abbreviated HCAA (Greek: ΥΠΑ), is a department of the Greek government under the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks. It is involved in air traffic control, aeronautical communications, airport operations, aircraft registration and inspection, licensing of civil air operators, and personnel certification.
|Abbreviation||HCAA - ΥΠΑ|
|Type||Civil Service department|
|Purpose||Regulation of civil aviation|
|Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks|
HCAA communications facilitiesEdit
The Hellenic CAA uses a number of remotely operated VHF radio stations for civil aviation communications at the following locations:
- Ymittos (near Athens)
- Akarnanika Mountains
- Thassos Island
- Geraneia Mountains
Air Traffic Control radarEdit
- Ymittos (near Athens), primary
- Mount Pilion (SSR)
- Levkas Island (SSR)
- Kythira (SSR)
- Crete (SSR)
- Athens International Airport, Kamara and Merenta hills (approach)
- Hellenikon (approach)
- Thessaloniki/Peraia (approach)
- Heraklion (approach)
- Rhodes (approach)
- Corfu (approach)
The radar stations are integrated using the PALLAS system (Phased Automation of the heLLenic ATC radar System).
HCAA Flying UnitEdit
The agency operates a small fleet of aircraft for navigational aid calibration activities. The current fleet is the following:
|SX-ECG||Beech 200 Super King Air||BB-372||1979||Navaid calibration|
|SX-ECI||Cessna 750 Citation X||750-0262||2008||Navaid calibration|
|SX-HET||Bolkow Bo-105||S-864||2009||General support|
- "Mission". www.hcaa.gr. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "HCAA activities". www.hcaa.gr. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Contact us Archived 2011-10-01 at the Wayback Machine." Civil Aviation Authority. Retrieved on 26 May 2011.
- "Phased Automation of the Hellenic ATC Radar System". www.enhmaek.gr. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "HCAA navaids, radars and radio stations". www.hcaa.gr. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2011.