Helene Fischer (German pronunciation: [heˈleːnə ˈfɪʃɐ]; born 5 August 1984) is a German singer, dancer, entertainer, television presenter, and actress. Since her debut in 2005, she has won numerous awards, including 17 Echo awards, four "Die Krone der Volksmusik" awards and three Bambi awards. She has sold at least 15 million records. In June 2014, her multi-platinum 2013 album Farbenspiel became the most downloaded album ever by a German artist and is currently the sixth bestselling album of all time in Germany. Her signature song "Atemlos durch die Nacht" was the bestselling song in Germany in 2014. She has had the best-selling album of the year in Germany five times, in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, and 2018. She ranked No. 8 on Forbes' list of "The World's Highest-Paid Women In Music 2018", earning $US32 million. Fischer has been referred to as the "Queen of Schlager".
Jelena Petrovna Fischer
5 August 1984
Helene Fischer was born Jelena Petrovna Fischer (Russian: Елена Петровна Фишер) in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union, to Pyotr and Marina Fischer. Her father worked as a physical education teacher and her mother as an engineer. Her paternal grandparents were Black Sea Germans who were among those sent to forced settlements in Kazakhstan and Siberia. In 1988, at the age of three-and-a-half, she emigrated with her parents and her six-year older sister to Wöllstein, West Germany.
After graduating from high school, Fischer attended the Frankfurt Stage & Musical School for three years, where she studied singing and acting. During this time, she performed on stage at the Staatstheater Darmstadt, as well as on the stage of the Volkstheater Frankfurt.
During her time at the Stage & Musical School, Fischer's mother secretly copied a demo CD with six of Fischer's songs and sent it to different recording studios to gauge the reaction of professionals.
She has won 17 Echo awards, the "Goldene Henne" award seven times, and the "Krone der Volksmusik" prize four times. All her albums and DVDs have achieved multiple gold and double platinum status. Her songs, with their stories of the everyday worries and woes of home-loving folks, are lyrically close to what could be called "country music" although musically quite different.
Her fanbase extends beyond Germany, Austria and Switzerland to Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, the United Kingdom, Finland, the United States, and New Zealand.
She released her first English album, The English Ones, on 7 June 2010. The album was produced by Jean Frankfurter, a German producer, composer and arranger. On singing in English, Fischer commented: "I have always dreamed of singing my songs in another language. English is the language of Country, the music that we call 'Schlager'. Language is a tool, but it is important that what you sing comes from the heart – and that is what this album is about."
In January 2013, she made her acting debut in an episode of the German TV series Das Traumschiff.
On 4 October 2013, she released her album Farbenspiel in Germany. She went on tour in 2014 and a big stadium tour in 2015. She played in the Olympia Stadium in Berlin in front of 120,000 people. The album received platinum after five days in Germany, Denmark and Austria. Farbenspiel is the most successful release of a German female artist in the first week of release in the last 10 years. To date, over 2.4 million copies of the album have been sold.
On 13 November 2015, Fischer released a Christmas album entitled Weihnachten. It consists of two CDs, the first being Christmas songs sung in German and German dialects, and the second is songs sung in English. The album reached number 1 of the year-end charts in both Germany and Austria and received altogether 14 platinums in both countries. It sold over 1.3 million copies.
On 12 May 2017, she released her eighth studio album, which bears her own name of Helene Fischer. It was released by Polydor. The album debuted at number one on the Austrian, German, and Swiss Albums Chart and reached the top ten in the Netherlands and the Flemish region of Belgium. In Germany, Helene Fischer sold more than 300,000 copies in its first week of release, making it the highest-selling debut since Herbert Grönemeyer's 2002 album Mensch. It won nine platinums in Germany and Austria and has sold over 1 million copies in both countries to date. She performed all her new songs and several hits from previous albums in the Kesselhaus, Munich and released the album Helene Fischer – Das Konzert aus dem Kesselhaus showcasing this performance. In June 2018, she started her second stadium tour, performing in Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Austria. In several locations on this tour, she performed up to five times in a row. Her show was developed together with 45 Degrees of Cirque du Soleil. In October 2018, The New York Times ranked Fischer seventh in terms of the world's biggest touring musician acts of the year. In the 2018 Forbes list of top-earning female artists worldwide, she ranked 8th. This also makes her the currently most successful non-English singer.
Die Helene Fischer ShowEdit
Fischer hosts the yearly music entertainment show Die Helene Fischer Show, which is broadcast during Christmas on German public TV. In this show, she has performed with various artists, including David Garrett, Michael Bolton, Tom Jones, Max Raabe, Take That, Udo Jürgens, Olly Murs, Andrea Berg, Bryan Adams, Unheilig, Kiefer Sutherland, Freya Ridings, Nick Carter and Queen. She accompanied Lindsey Stirling with an acrobatic performance.
- Von hier bis unendlich (2006)
- So nah wie du (2007)
- Zaubermond (2008)
- So wie ich bin (2009)
- Für einen Tag (2011)
- Farbenspiel (2013)
- Weihnachten (2015)
- Helene Fischer (2017)
- Rausch (2021)
Guest appearances and duetsEdit
- Eros Ramazzotti: Vita ce n'è – "Per il resto tutto bene" (2018)
- Andrea Bocelli: Passione – "When I Fall in Love" (2013)
- Michael Bolton: Various duets, e.g. "Make You Feel My Love", "Vivo Per Lei"
- Robbie Williams: The Christmas Present – "Santa Baby" (2019)
- Just Pretend by Elvis Presley and Helene Fischer ft Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2020)
- 2013: for Musik national
- 2014: for Entertainment
- 2017: for Musik National
- 2009: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2009: for DVD Produktion des Jahres (Mut zum Gefühl Live)
- 2010: for DVD Produktion national (Zaubermond Live)
- 2012: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2013: for DVD Produktion national (Für einen Tag – Live 2012)
- 2013: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2014: for Album des Jahres
- 2014: for Deutschsprachiger Schlager
- 2015: for Schlager
- 2015: for Album des Jahres
- 2015: for Hit des Jahres
- 2015: for Musik-DVD/Blu-Ray national
- 2016: for Musik-DVD/Blu-Ray national (Weihnachten), (Farbenspiel Live)
- 2016: for Album des Jahres
- 2016: for Live-Act National
- 2016: for Crossover
- 2018: for Schlager
- 2007: for Aufsteigerin des Jahres
- 2008: for Musik
- 2010: for Leserpreis Musik
- 2012: for Publikumspreis Musik
- 2014: for Musik
- 2014: Superhenne (Special 20th Anniversary Award)
- 2016: for Musik
- 2020: for Entertainment with Die Helene Fischer Show 2019
- 2012: for Beste Musik national
- 2016: for Beliebtester deutscher Musik-Act
Krone der Volksmusik See: Krone der Volksmusik
- 2008: for the Erfolg des Jahres 2007
- 2009: for the Erfolg des Jahres 2008
- 2010: as Erfolgreichste Sängerin 2009
- 2012: as Erfolgreichste Sängerin 2011
- 2014: as Beliebteste Moderatorin – Show
- 2014: Best-selling German Artist
- "Хелена Фишер: "Я родилась в Сибири" /Helene Fischer: "I was born in Siberia"" (in Russian). TopNews24.ru (Poslednie Novosti). 25 February 2009. Archived from the original on 5 October 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
Хелен ФИШЕР родилась 5 августа 1984 года в Красноярске. В июне 1998 года с родителями эмигрировала в Германию. После окончания школы Stage & Musical School / Helene Fisher was born in Krasnoyarsk, 5 August 1984. In June 1998, with her parents she emigrated to Germany. After graduation from Stage & Musical School in Frankfurt...; БАБУШКИ и дедушки Лены Фишер разделили судьбу сотен тысяч поволжских немцев, которых в 1941 году сослали в Казахстан и Сибирь. / Her grandparents shared the fate of hundreds of thousands of Volga Germans, who in 1941 were exiled to Kazakhstan and Siberia.
- Music certifications: AT Archived 1 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine CH DE DK Archived 19 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- "Helene Fischer bricht Alltime-Download-Rekord" (in German). Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "TOP 100 ALBUM-JAHRESCHARTS - 2013". OFFIZIELLE DEUTSCHE CHARTS.
- "OFFIZIELLE DEUTSCHE CHARTS". TOP 100 ALBUM-JAHRESCHARTS - 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "OFFIZIELLE DEUTSCHE CHARTS". TOP 100 ALBUM-JAHRESCHARTS - 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "OFFIZIELLE DEUTSCHE CHARTS". TOP 100 ALBUM-JAHRESCHARTS - 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "OFFIZIELLE DEUTSCHE CHARTS". TOP 100 ALBUM-JAHRESCHARTS - 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "The World's Highest-Paid Women In Music 2018". Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- Frey, Angelica (8 July 2020). "Ja Ja Ding Dong! How schlager found its joyful place in the pop camp". The Guardian.
- "Pop queen Helene Fischer makes rare political comment on Chemnitz". Deutsche Welle. 5 September 2018.
- "The 'perfect flesh' of Helene Fischer". thelocal.de. 3 January 2013.
- Baur, Susanne (12 April 2016). "So viel Geld hat Helene Fischer wirklich auf dem Konto". InStyle (in German).
- "Im Gespräch mit Helene Fischer im Deutschen Bundestag". Bundesministerium des Innern, für Bau und Heimat (in German). Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Helene Fischer: Schön wie im Märchen". Der Westen (in German). Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "- YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "Helene Fischer – Stationen einer Karriere" (in German). Archived from the original on 5 January 2011. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Helene Fischer Tourdates. Vorverkaufstarts.de Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Helene Fischer - Weihnachten". UKMIX Forums. Retrieved 27 April 2021.
- NewsWire.com Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- The World's Highest-Paid Women In Music 2018. Forbes.com Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Grenier, Elizabeth (22 November 2018). "Better paid than Britney Spears: Who is Helene Fischer?". Deutsche Welle. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- Brunner, Ula (27 March 2015). "Die Helene-Fischer-Festspiele haben begonnen" [The Helene Fischer festival has begun]. RBB online (in German). Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg. Archived from the original on 30 March 2015. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Helene Fischer.|