Helen LaKelly Hunt (born February 1949) is an American activist and writer. She is the daughter of oil tycoon H. L. Hunt. She holds earned and honorary degrees from Union Theological Seminary (NY) and Southern Methodist University.
Helen LaKelly Hunt
|Born||February 1949 (age 74)|
|Occupation(s)||Activist, feminist, philanthropist, writer|
|Children||6, including Haela and Leah|
|Relatives||Lamar Hunt (brother)|
Clark Hunt (nephew)
Life and career edit
She is founder and president of The Sister Fund.
Helen LaKelly Hunt along with her husband developed Imago Relationship Therapy. Together they have six children, including Haela Hunt-Hendrix, the vocalist of the American black metal band Liturgy, Leah Hunt-Hendrix, an Occupy movement activist, and Kimberly June Miller, co-author of the book Boundaries for Your Soul.
She is a member of the Hunt oil/football family. Her brother Lamar founded the American Football League and the Kansas City Chiefs. Her nephew Clark, Lamar's son, became co-owner and chairman of the board for the Chiefs after Lamar's death.
Hunt has written several books on feminism, including Faith and Feminism: A Holy Alliance and And The Spirit Moved Them: The Lost Radical History of America's First Feminists.
- LaKelly Hunt, Helen (2004). Faith and Feminism: A Holy Alliance. Atria. ISBN 0743483723.
- LaKelly Hunt, Helen (2017). And The Spirit Moved Them: The Lost Radical History of America's First Feminists. The Feminist Press at CUNY. ISBN 9781558614291.
She was also a contributor to the book Becoming Myself: Reflections on Growing Up Female.
- Shalit, Willa (2007). Becoming Myself: Reflections on Growing Up Female. Hachette Books. ISBN 978-1401308957.
Hunt has co-authored multiple books with her husband, including:
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (1988). Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples. St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 9781250310538.
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (1993). Keeping the Love You Find. Atria. ISBN 0671734202.
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (1997). Giving the Love That Heals. Atria. ISBN 0671793993.
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (2004). Receiving Love. Atria. ISBN 0743483707.
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (2013). Making Marriage Simple: Ten Relationship-Saving Truths. Harmony Books. ISBN 9780770437145.
- Hendrix, Harville; LaKelly Hunt, Helen (2017). The Space Between: The Point of Connection. Franklin, TN: Clovercroft Publishing. ISBN 978-1945507366.