Heidi Harris is an American talk radio host and author. Her show was a two-time winner of the Electronic Media Award (EMA) for Best Local Radio Talk Show. Harris was AM 840 KXNT Las Vegas station's morning host from 2015 to 2017, heard weekdays from 6 to 9 a.m., where she also spent 1999 to 2005 as one of Las Vegas’s predominant conservative broadcasters. She also hosts and produces the podcast "Vegas Characters" that features Las Vegas personalities.
The Heidi Harris Show aired weekday mornings 6 to 9 a.m. on CBS-owned AM 840 KXNT in Las Vegas. A native of Las Vegas and former professional singer and HR recruiter, she began her radio career at KDWN in Las Vegas in 1998. She moved across town to KXNT in 1999, initially as a fill-in host, weekend host, and then co-host of a morning drive show from 2001 to 2006. She hosted her own show at KDWN from 2007 to 2012, before leaving for a radio job in Los Angeles.
After returning from LA, she hosted an evening show on KBET in Las Vegas for two years before returning to KXNT to host morning drive. On September 19, 2017, her show was cancelled by KXNT days after she wrote a controversial Facebook post criticizing same-sex adoption, saying that only "married people of the opposite sex" should be allowed to adopt children.
- In 2003, she won an Electronic Media Award for "Best Local Radio Talk Show."
- In 2011, she was named by Talkers Magazine as one of "America's 100 Most Influential Hosts."
- In 2012, she was named "America's 100 Most Important Radio Hosts" by Talkers Magazine's Michael Harrison, who included Harris in his pick of "5 Up and Coming Radio Personalities."
- Katsilometes, John (September 19, 2017). "KXNT spikes 'The Heidi Harris Show'". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved October 19, 2017.
- "Android Apk Media File".
- KRLA | AM 870 The Answer
- "KDWN/Las Vegas' Heidi Harris On MSNBC Today".
- "Heidi on Bill O'Reilly - Heidi Harris – Las Vegas' Radio Showgirl".
- "Literary Las Vegas: Heidi Harris". 20 March 2012.
- Harris, Heidi; Nash, Rocky; Ippolito, Deena (20 August 2010). "Cocktail Waitress Wisdom: Life lessons learned while carrying a tray in Las Vegas". Heidi Harris – via Amazon.
- http://www.bbgi.com/pdfs/1190053560.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "2011 HH Layout ADS". www.talkers.com.
- "How Radio Will Kill the Radio Star".