Heather Lind (born March 22, 1983) is an American actress. She is known for her portrayal of Anna Strong in the AMC series Turn: Washington's Spies. She is the twin sister of actress Christina Bennett Lind.
|Born||March 22, 1983|
Upland, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Fordham University (BA)|
New York University (MFA)
|Relatives||Christina Bennett Lind (sister)|
Early life and educationEdit
Lind was born in Upland, Pennsylvania, and was raised in Guilderland, New York. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in 2005 at Fordham University and her Master of Fine Arts in acting at New York University's Graduate Acting program.
She made her Broadway debut in the Shakespeare in the Park production The Merchant of Venice, in which she played Jessica, the daughter of Shylock, played by Al Pacino, and was awarded the 67th annual Theatre World Award for Outstanding Broadway or Off-Broadway Debut Performances during the 2010-2011 theatrical season.
As part of the #MeToo campaign, in late October 2017, Lind accused former President George H. W. Bush of sexually assaulting her during a publicity photo for her series, Turn: Washington's Spies. Lind wrote in an Instagram post that Bush “. . .sexually assaulted me while I was posing for a similar photo. He didn’t shake my hand. He touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side. He told me a dirty joke. And then, all the while being photographed, touched me again." Lind later deleted her post.
Bush’s spokesman responded, "at age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women’s rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."
|2012||The Last Day of August||Shannon|
|2013||A Single Shot||Mincy|
|2013||Guest House||Short film|
|2013||37||Kitty Genovese||Short film|
|2015||Stealing Cars||Nurse Simms|
|2016||Half the Perfect World||Lily|
|2011||Blue Bloods||Melissa Samuels||"Hall of Mirrors"|
|2011–2012||Boardwalk Empire||Katy||Recurring role|
|2014||Sleepy Hollow||Mary Wells||"The Weeping Lady"|
|2015||The Walker||"What Being a Celebrity Escort Is Like"|
|2014–2017||Turn: Washington's Spies||Anna Strong||Main role|
|2018||The Good Fight||Carine Minter|
- Wilson, Gemma (February 3, 2011). "Merchant's Heather Lind on Papa Pacino and Playing Good Girls". Broadway.com.
- Alumni Achievements Fordham University. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Ellen Barkin, Patina Miller, John Larroquette, Jim Parsons, Tony Sheldon and More Win Theatre World Awards Archived 2011-05-13 at the Wayback Machine Playbill.com. Retrieved October 25, 2011
- HBO Adds Actors To ‘Hung’, ‘Boardwalk Empire’ Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- "Read Heather Lind's Instagram Post Accusing George H.W. Bush". The Cheat Sheet. October 25, 2017. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Phillips, Kristine; Rosenberg, Eli (October 26, 2017). "George H.W. Bush 'has patted women's rears' but never meant to offend, spokesman says". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 26, 2017.