Heartland Motorsports Park
|House of Speed|
|Location||Topeka, Kansas, USA|
|Owner||Shelby Development, LLC|
|Address||7530 SW Topeka Boulevard|
Topeka, KS 66619
|Major events||National Hot Rod Association|
NHRA Heartland Nationals Country Stampede
|Grand Prix Road Course|
|Length||2.5 mi (4 km)|
|1/4 Mile Dragstrip|
|Length||.25 mi (.402 km)|
|Surface||Asphalt, 22 Acres|
When it opened in 1989, Heartland Motorsports Park was the first new auto racing facility to be built in the United States for 20 years. Its facilities include a road-race course with 4 possible configurations (ranging from 1.8 miles (2.9 km) to 2.5 miles (4.0 km) in length), a ⅜ mile clay oval, off-road course and a ¼ mile drag strip. After several years of neglect from continual financial difficulties, the track surface and other facilities had deteriorated badly. The track's survival was in doubt until 2003, when Raymond Irwin, former owner (2007) of Blackhawk Farms Raceway bought it and began major renovations.
The drag-strip is used by local clubs and the National Hot Rod Association. The road-course is mainly used by the SCCA, the National Auto Sport Association and marque-clubs. The track was the home of both the SCCA National Championship Runoffs and the Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championships from 2006 to 2008. In the past, it has hosted ARCA, ASA, IMSA, AMA, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series' race: O'Reilly Auto Parts 275, NASCAR Busch North Series, NASCAR Midwest Series and the NASCAR Southeast Series.
The full 2.5 mile road course (and pit road) was completely repaved with a high-tech, polymer-enhanced asphalt in the fall of 2016, and continues to host events. In the 2021 season, Heartland Motorsports Park is slated to host over 200 events across their Drag Strip, Road Course, Drift/Solo Pad, and specialty areas..
- Peterson, Rick (May 25, 2003). "'Special times': Heartland Park has attracted racing legends". The Topeka Capital-Journal. Topeka, KS. Archived from the original on August 19, 2003. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, Payne becomes sole owner of Heartland Park Topeka by Kevin Haskin, January 26, 2017, Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "Events > Heartland Motorsports Park". Heartland Motorsports Park. Retrieved 2021-02-04.
- Official website
- Heartland Motorsports Park race results at Racing-Reference
- Trackpedia guide to driving this track
|This article about a motor sport venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This NASCAR-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports venue in Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|