A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Healthline Media, Inc. is a privately owned provider of health information headquartered in San Francisco, CA. It was founded in 2006, and established as a standalone entity in January 2016.
Type of site
|Founded||1999 (as YourDoctor.com)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Key people||David Kopp, CEO|
|Products||Health information services|
|Alexa rank||404 As of July 2019[update]|
By 2013, the it had over $21 million in revenue and 105 employees.
In January 2016, Healthline raised $95 million in growth equity financing through Summit Partners. Under the terms of the agreement, Healthline's media business was established as a standalone entity with David Kopp, former general manager, as CEO.
The firm acquired the new websites MedicalNewsToday.com and MediLexicon.com in May 2016. MedicalNewsToday.com, Drugs.com, and Livestrong.com are within Healthline's family of health properties. MediLexicon.com is an online database of medical abbreviations with over 200,000 definitions.
The company's product portfolio consists of health search and navigation products (BodyMaps, HealthLinks, HealthAnswers), including clinical applications of these products (Symptom search, Treatment Search, Doctor Search, Drug Search). The product suite also includes display, banner and rich media advertising services, and medical reference content.
Healthline Media's website, Healthline.com, is a destination site for health and wellness information, and a competitor to WebMD. In 2009, Kim Komando, a technology columnist with USA Today, listed Healthline.com as a top health information website.
In addition to Healthline.com, the company also provides health-related content, tools and services to more than 40 other sites. In 2010, Healthline Media signed an agreement to provide medical and health-related content and tools to Yahoo! Health. Other partners include AARP.com and DoctorOz.com. Healthline Networks software also powers Aetna's patient portal.
- "YourDocto.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved July 20, 2016.
- "Executive Team". Healthline Networks.
- "healthline.com Site Overview". www.alexa.com. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "Healthline". CrunchBase.
- Roush, Wade. "Healthline Battles WebMD With Personalized Medical Search Tools, Body Maps". Xconomy. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "Healthline Networks, Inc". InsideView.
- "Technology Fast 500". Deloitte. Archived from the original on December 19, 2013.
- Healthline Media Raises Growth Financing from Summit Partners http://www.summitpartners.com/news/healthline-media-raises-growth-financing-from-summit-partners
- Healthline Media Grows Digital Reach with Acquisition of #1 Website for Medical News Information http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/04/prweb13368746.htm
- Tedeschi, Bob (January 23, 2006). "This Site Knows a Cold Isn't a Rock Band". The New York Times. Retrieved January 23, 2006.
- Komando, Kim (July 30, 2009). "Online Tools Help Cope With Serious Illness". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- Helft, Miguel (April 1, 2010). "Yahoo Teams Up with Healthline". Bits (blog). The New York Times. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Kolbasuk McGee, Marianne. "Aetna Taps Healthline for Patient Portal". Information Week. Retrieved March 29, 2011.