India Today (TV channel)
India Today is a 24-hour English language television network based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh that carries news, current affairs and business programming in India. The channel is owned by TV Today Network Ltd, which is a part of Living Media.
India Today logo
|Launched||7 April 2003|
|Owned by||Living Media|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||India |
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Formerly called||Headlines Today|
|Sister channel(s)||Aaj Tak, Dilli Aaj Tak, Aajtak Tez, Aaj Tak HD|
|Airtel Digital TV (India)||Channel 372|
|Reliance Digital TV (India)||Channel 455|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 557|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 609|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 357|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 424|
|Siti Cable (India)||Channel 429|
|India Today Live||Watch Live|
The channel was launched in 2003 as a sister channel of the Hindi Aaj Tak news channel. It is one of the four news channels from the TV Today Network stable, the others being Aaj Tak, Tez and Delhi Aaj Tak. Alok Verma was brought in as the Executive Producer to successfully launch TV Today group's foray into the English news channel category. Media watchers flagged the channel for unethical use of footage in September 2015 and sexist content.
- Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards 2015
- "India Today Group". India Today Group. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- "Alok Verma to head TV Today spl. projects". 8 November 2004.
- "Aaj Tak English channel may launch in 10 days". Indian Television. 24 February 2003. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "TV Today's Delhi Aaj Tak likely to launch mid-May". Indian Television. Archived from the original on 7 February 2016. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Unethical use of unrelated videos".
- "India Today's offensive video".
- "TV Today Network wins big at ENBA 2015". Retrieved 3 April 2017.