Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station
Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station (station code: NZM) is a railway station located in South Delhi, India. It is under the administrative control of the Delhi Division of the Northern Railway zone of the Indian Railways. It is one of the five main stations in Delhi and is the originating and terminal station for 60 trains. The station was named after the Sufi Saint Nizamuddin Auliya. Hazrat Nizamuddin station was upgraded to help relieve congestion at New Delhi Railway Station and is recommended for first time travellers, particularly those bound for Agra as it much quieter and easier to navigate than its larger sister. 
|Commuter rail, Regional rail & Inter-city rail station|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi|
|Elevation||206.7 metres (678 ft)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||Northern Railway zone|
Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station is managed by Northern Railway zone of Indian Railways. It is adjacent to Delhi's two important arteries, the Ring Road and Mathura Road, and Sarai Kale Khan Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT).
Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station connects all the major cities and was developed to ease congestion on New Delhi railway station which is located approximately 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) to the North. It originates and terminates Rajdhani Express trains going towards Bengaluru, Chennai, Secunderabad, Madgaon, Mumbai and Thiruvananthapuram.
Indian Railways intends to save ₹41,000 crore in energy consumption and generate 1000 megawatts (MW) from solar power. Out of 1000 MW to be produced under solar power; 500 MW will be produced from rooftop solar. In order to meet the target Northern Railways has selected Vivaan Solar, a Gwalior based company to install 0.6 MW of rooftop solar project at the railway station in 2016. The solar power project to be set up under Public Private Partnership is to be executed under design, build, finance, operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis. The company will also be responsible for maintaining the plant for a period of 25 years.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Indian Railways. 2015–2016. p. 46. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Hazrat Nizamuddin Station". indiarailinfo.com.
- "H NIZAMUDDIN (NZM) Railway Station". NDTV Rail Beeps.
- "TrainReview's guide to Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station".
- "Railways aim to save ₹41,000 crore on energy consumption expenses, says Suresh Prabhu".
- "NORTHERN RAILWAYS TO INSTALL 5 MW ROOFTOP SOLAR IN FOUR OF ITS STATIONS". Archived from the original on 3 March 2017. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station at the India Rail Info
|This article about a railway station in the Indian union territory of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|