This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hazen Street (also known as Hazen St.) is a supergroup that formed in early 2004.
|Origin||New York City|
|Genres||Rap rock, hardcore punk, heavy metal|
The band features Freddy Cricien and Hoya Roc (Madball); Toby Morse (H2O), David Kennedy (Box Car Racer, Over My Dead Body, later Angels & Airwaves), and Mackie (The Cro-Mags & Bad Brains). Chad Gilbert (Shai Hulud and later New Found Glory) co-wrote and helped record every song on the album, but he was soon dismissed from Hazen Street by New Found Glory's record label due to a contract dispute. He was replaced by Brian "Mitts" Daniels of Madball.
In April and May 2004, the group supported Story of the Year on their headlining US tour. Hazen Street released their self-titled debut album, Hazen Street on Joel and Benji Madden's DC Flag Records. On August 31, 2005, the band posted an update on their website, reporting that they would begin to work on a new record at the end of 2005, label to be announced. However, there has been no website updates since then, and nothing has been heard regarding this new album, presumably due to Kennedy's full-time involvement with Angels & Airwaves.
In November 2006, it was announced that their song "Are You Ready?" would be the official theme song for WWE Survivor Series 2006, the twentieth annual Survival Series pay-per-view. The event took place at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on November 26, 2006.
Hazen Street again reunited to perform at The East Coast Tsunami Fest 2011, a Hardcore/Punk /Metal festival that took place in Reading, PA.
- Toby Morse – vocals (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Freddy Cricien – vocals (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Hoya Roc – bass guitar (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Mackie Jayson – drums, percussion (2004–2006, 2009, 2011, 2012–present)
- Hazen Street (2004)
- Fool the World (2004)
In pop cultureEdit
- "Hazen Street" is a 2-way street in Queens which leads to the Rikers Island Bridge to Rikers Island Prison Facility.
- The band's song, "Fool the World" was featured on the NHL 2005 and Madden NFL 2005 soundtracks.
- Their song "Back Home" was featured on the NBA 2K5 soundtrack.
- Their song, "Are You Ready" was included on the 2004 Warped Tour Compilation and in the DVD Nitro Circus 2 and it was also the theme song for the 2006 WWE Survivor Series.
- Loftus, Johnny. "Hazen Street Biography by Johnny Loftus". AllMusic. Retrieved 6 October 2018.
- UG Team (April 28, 2004). "In Brief: Damageplan, Letter Kills, SOiL, Story Of The Year". Ultimate Guitar. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "Madden NFL 2005: Soundtrack Revealed - Xbox". TeamXbox. 2004-07-01. Archived from the original on 2012-03-04. Retrieved 2012-08-17.