Hausen am Albis
Hausen am Albis
|• Total||13.64 km2 (5.27 sq mi)|
|Elevation||611 m (2,005 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Surrounded by||Aeugst am Albis, Baar (ZG), Hirzel, Horgen, Kappel am Albis, Langnau am Albis, Neuheim (ZG), Rifferswil|
Hausen am Albis may be first mentioned in 869 as Husun, though this reference is questionable. In 1242 it was mentioned as Husen.
Hausen am Albis has an area of 13.7 km2 (5.3 sq mi). Of this area, 58% is used for agricultural purposes, while 29% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 10.7% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (2.3%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
The municipality is located on the southern side of the Albis pass. It includes sections of the village known as Heisch and Ebertswil as well as hamlets and individual houses. Until 1911 it was known simply as Hausen.
Hausen am Albis has a population (as of 31 December 2019) of 3,751. As of 2007[update], 10.5% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 7.1%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (93.6%), with Italian being second most common ( 1.2%) and English being third ( 1.2%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 27.6% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 61.9% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 10.5%. The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Hausen am Albis about 84.8% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Hausen am Albis has an unemployment rate of 1.18%. As of 2005[update], there were 139 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 51 businesses involved in this sector. 262 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 36 businesses in this sector. 373 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 96 businesses in this sector. The historical population is given in the following table:
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Hausen am Albis in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 22-Jul-2009
- "Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit". bfs.admin.ch (in German). Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB. 31 December 2019. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hausen am Albis.|