|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Basirhat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Hingalganj|
Hasnabad police station covers an area of 295 km2 and serves a population of 218,520. It has jurisdiction over Taki municipality and Hasnabad CD Block. There is a town out-post at Rajbari. It has a riverine border of 28 km, out of which 27 km is unfenced.
|Guarding a Riverine Border|
Hasnabad is right on the border with Bangladesh. The meandering Ichhamati forms the riverine border. Guarding such a border is laced with many challenges: Bangladeshi infiltrators, armed cattle smugglers, human traffickers….The Border Security Force is now (2015) using floating border outposts, which coordinate with their pickets set across the river bank. Each floating outpost is manned by 34 specially trained BSF peronnel and are provided with the latest electronic surveillance gadgets and speed boats. More such floating outposts are being added to provide BSF with a strategic edge in guarding a porous border in one of the most thickly populated regions of the world.
CD Block HQEdit
The headquarters of Hasnabad CD Block are located at Hasnabasd village.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Hasnabad had a total population of 3,412, of which 1.863 (55%) were males and 1,549 (45%) were females. Population below 6 years was 320. The total number of literates in Hasnabad was 2,642 (85.45% of the population over 6 years).
The 684 m long bridge across the Katakhali at Hasnabad was opened to public in March 2019, linking Hingalganj with Hasnabad. Lebukhali, the last point up to which motorised transport can reach is now directly connected to Kolkata and other places.
Hasnabad Matri Sadan with 6 beds is located at Hasnabad.
- "North 24 Parganas Dist. Police". Know Your Police Station. District Police. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Dey, Anurag. "Floating outposts give BSF strategic edge". Yahoo News, 23 February 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Sandhu, Kamaljit Kaur. "Keeping hope afloat: BSF awaits upgraded floating border outposts to guard Sunderbans against smugglers". India Today, 18 September 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Singh, Vijaita. "Chasing cattle keeps BISF busy on the India-Bangladesh border". The Indian Express, 3 June 2015. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of North Twenty Four Parganas with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "33311 Barasat-Hasnabad local". Time Table. India Railinfo. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Hasnabad CD Block, Page 671. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "সেতু উদ্বোধনের দিন গুনছে মানুষ" [People counting days left for inauguration of bridge] (in Bengali). Ananda Bazar Patrika. 14 February 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- Google maps
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 11 May 2018.