Harvey Beaks is an American animated television series created by C.H. Greenblatt. The series aired on Nickelodeon from March 28, 2015 to December 9, 2016 until it was moved to Nicktoons on March 1, 2017. The series ended its run on December 29, 2017.
|Created by||C.H. Greenblatt|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||C.H. Greenblatt|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2015–16)
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||March 28, 2015– December 29, 2017|
The series focuses on Harvey Beaks, a young, friendly bird, and his two best friends, the rambunctious twins Fee and Foo. Together, the trio seek adventure and mischief in Littlebark Grove, a magical forest that they call home.
Cast and charactersEdit
This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Harvey Beaks (voiced by Max Charles) – The show's protagonist. Harvey is a kind-hearted, mild-mannered 9-year-old (10 at the end of season 1) bird  who is close friends with Fee and Foo.
- Fee (voiced by Angelina Wahler) – Harvey's best female friend and Foo's twin sister. Fee is 10 years old, wild, tomboyish, rude, but likable nevertheless. She and Foo live in a tree without parental supervision.
- Foo (voiced by Jackson Brundage (for the first eight episodes), Tom Robinson (for the rest of the series)) – Harvey's best male friend and Fee's twin brother. He is 10 years old. He has a personality similar to Fee, but is much more carefree, energetic, and eccentric. They are usually inseparable and appear to be homeless, spending every night in a tree and taking care of themselves.
- Michelle Beaks (voiced by Kari Wahlgren) – The Beaks' baby daughter whom Irving often carried around in season 1 while she was still an egg, though Harvey treated her as a baby sister even then. She hatched in "The New Bugaboo", demonstrating a mischievous, rambunctious, and trouble-making personality opposite of Harvey.
- Dade (voiced by C.H. Greenblatt) – A chubby-cheeked rabbit with an abhorrence for Fee and Foo's antics. As Harvey's closest friend before meeting Fee and Foo, Dade is very obsessed with Harvey and often expresses a conservative attitude. He is the oldest of his many brothers and sisters.
- Claire (voiced by Nicole Wedel) – A timid fox with glasses. She had a crush on Foo. and likes to draw anime-inspired art featuring herself with Foo. She has an older sister who is never seen, but stated to outdo her in everything. Because of this, Claire's mother constantly pressures her to be as successful as her sister.
- Princess Roberts (voiced by Andres Salaff) – An obnoxious owl who wears a pink dress and a tiara. Princess is bad-tempered, selfish and extremely spoiled, believing herself to be the most perfect person in the world. Her father is Doctor Roberts, who constantly showers her with praise and gifts, but otherwise pays very little attention to her.
- "Technobear" Snapper (voiced by Mason Vaughn) – A street-smart brown bear in a red speedo. As his name suggests, he is a fan of techno, but also enjoys partying at nightclubs and trying to impress women. In "Terrybear", it is revealed that his real name is Terrybear and he is adopted to a pair of turtles.
- Kratz (voiced by Matthew Zhang) – A depressed and neurotic skunk who wears brown pants pulled up to his waist and terrible luck. He sprays gas when he is scared or nervous.
- Rooter Wellington (voiced by Laz Meiman (season 1) and Addie Chandler (season 2)) – A strong and tough wild boar with a large mohawk and an Australian accent. Rooter has lots of experience in surviving in the wild and prefers to do what is most challenging and refreshing. His father is a mailman, but also a dedicated survivalist.
- Piri Piri (voiced by Madeleine Curry) – A yellow bird who is Claire's best friend. She is an extremely idealistic artist and daydreamer who gets her inspirations from her dreams and sees goodness in everything. Her name references the African chili pepper plant of the same name. Her mother is a fortune teller named Hanzi.
- Mikey (voiced by Nicholas Sumida) – A soft-voiced frog and friend of Harvey who wears headphones.
- Kathy (voiced by Nicholas Sumida) — A brown-furred, Totoro-like creature who wears a pink bow. She is very shy and has a fondness of leaves.
- Miriam Beaks (voiced by Kerri Kenney-Silver) – Harvey's mother. She works as a librarian, but was notorious in her youth for her wild, partying, and rebellious nature.
- Irving Beaks (voiced by Scott Adsit (series) and Chris Parnell (pilot)) – Harvey's bespectacled father. He is very shy and sensitive, preferring to remain at home, where he can take care of the kids.
- Doctor Roberts (voiced by Matt Berry (in "The Spitting Tree") and Jeff Bennett (all other appearances)) – An owl who is Princess' friendly but eccentric father, as well as one of Irving's friends. He has a weird obsession with healing crystals, and in his free time he likes to meditate. He has a very high opinion of his daughter, yet rarely spends time with her.
- The Spirit of Wetbark Lake (voiced by Dwight Schultz) – An enormous, blue, snake-like water spirit that lives in Wetbark Lake, where he tries to keep the lake a nice place to have fun and has no tolerance for any bad behavior. He is promoted to an ocean spirit in season 2's "Ocean Promotion", forcing him to leave Littlebark Grove for the sea, and a different lake spirit replaces him for the remainder of the series.
- Jeremy (voiced by C.H. Greenblatt) – A big, furry mushroom-like creature with a large nose and a squeaky voice who works as a bartender at a night club. As a close friend of the Beaks family, he often babysits Harvey and Michelle:. It is revealed in "Jeremy, Defender of the Forest" that he is, in fact, the guardian of Littlebark Grove, having retired centuries ago.
- Randl (voiced by Marc Maron) – A grouchy and dishonest raccoon who runs a rental store named Randl's Rentls. He lives with and constantly argues with his senile, overbearing mother (voiced by Nicholas Sumida).
- Moff Williamson (voiced by Dave Foley) – A wingless, purple moth obsessed with Steampunk culture. He is a very close friend of Irving, but is often lonely as Irving now spends more time with his family and because nobody else in Littlebark Grove shares his interests.
- Bartleburt (voiced by Fred Stoller) – A mild-mannered (if somewhat dull) tree spirit who works with Miriam at the library. He lives with his wife Carol in a section of Littlebark Grove populated by others of his kind. sectityorest.
- Tara (voiced by Ana Gasteyer) – A giant spider hairdresser who works in a hair salon. She is a friend of Miriam with over three hundred children.
- Les Squirrels (voiced by André Sogliuzzo (Jean Luc) and C.H. Greenblatt (other squirrels)) — A group of six French squirrels who serve as recurring antagonists (or antiheroes on some occasions) for Harvey and his friends. They are made of Jean Luc, Jean Claude, Sean Jea, Bili Jean, Long Jean, and Papa Jean. With the exception of Jean Luc, all of them speak in a mixture of squirrel chattering and French-like nonsense.
- Officer Fredd (voiced by Michael-Leon Wooley) – A large green caterpillar who enforces the law around Littlebark Grove. He is extremely harsh towards troublemakers and keeps trouble at bay with his special taser gloves, shouting out "ba-zap" every time he electrocutes lawbreakers. His appearance, name, and mannerisms are based on Judge Dredd.
- Curtis "The Inspiration" and Janet "Pooker" Snapper (voiced by Mikey Kelley and Rachel Butera respectively) – Technobear's adoptive parents. They are turtles who both speak with New Jersey accents. Their names are references to Michael Sorrentino and Nicole Polizzi's nicknames from Jersey Shore. Janet is also a friend of Miriam.
- Aiden and Miley (voiced by Jim O'Heir and Catherine O'Hara respectively) - Harvey's maternal grandparents. Aiden is a retired police officer often seen with a camera, which he uses to film family events, and making puns. Miley is a retired judge and adores her grandson very dearly.
- Roland Beaks (voiced by Blake Clark) - Harvey's paternal grandfather. In contrast to his son and grandson, he is very quiet and prefers not to show emotion. He wears an eye patch over his right eye.
Greenblatt had previously created the show Chowder for Cartoon Network and had started to develop his next project shortly after it ended in 2010. Greenblatt was looking to create a series with a different vibe from Chowder, which was largely absurdist and comical in nature, by telling stories that had more heart and emotional connection with the audience. Greenblatt pitched the idea to Nickelodeon under the title Bad Seeds and an 11-minute pilot was commissioned. Bad Seeds was eventually picked up for a full series in September 2013, but had to change its name halfway through production due to trademark issues. Greenblatt turned to social networking sites such as Tumblr while building the crew of Harvey Beaks, hiring artists who had little to no prior experience working in animation, but were brought on board due to the quality of their personal work.
As with Greenblatt's previous show, Harvey Beaks features child actors providing the voices for the younger characters, with the exception of major characters Dade and Princess Roberts, who are voiced by C.H. Greenblatt and Andres Salaff respectively. Most of the minor child characters are voiced by adults.
On June 21, 2015, it was confirmed that the show was renewed for a second season, which began nearly a year later on June 13, 2016 with the episode The New Bugaboo.
On November 6, 2016, C. H. Greenblatt announced that the series had been cancelled. Additionally, Greenblatt confirmed that the remaining episodes will air on Nicktoons, which he had not been made aware of until seeing a Twitter post from Nickelodeon. Harvey Beaks was originally set to premiere new episodes on Nicktoons on November 20. Following a series of angry rants by Greenblatt (which were later deleted), the episodes were delayed indefinitely. Greenblatt later stated in a Tumblr post the following February, "I literally have no idea when or where or if [the episodes]'ll air." The new episodes eventually started airing on Nicktoons on March 1.
|First aired||Last aired||Network|
|1||26||March 29, 2015||June 10, 2016||Nickelodeon|
|2||26||June 13, 2016||December 29, 2017||Nickelodeon (episodes 1–11)
Nicktoons (episodes 12–26)
Harvey Beaks made its international debut on Nicktoons in the United Kingdom and Ireland on May 11, 2015. The series premiered on Nickelodeon in Africa on June 1 and on Nickelodeon in Australia and New Zealand on June 6. The Southeast Asian feed of Nickelodeon debuted the show on June 8 in the Philippines and on June 29 in Singapore and Malaysia. The series premiered on YTV in Canada on October 10, 2015. According to the programming page, In Albania, it airs on the network Çufo.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2016)
- "New Animated Series 'Harvey Beaks' to Premiere Sunday, March 29 on Nickelodeon - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- "Nick Animation Studio — iamcharlieg: The Harvey Beaks premiere party is.." Tumblr. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Beaks, Harvey. "Certified Babysitter". Harvey Beaks. 2 minutes in.
How much supervision do I really need? I'm nine! I think you should go home."Double Digits". Harvey Beaks.
- "The Negatives of Being Positively Charged". Harvey Beaks.
- "Nerd Armada". Nerd Armada. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- "A Tail of les Squirrels". Harvey Beaks.
- "Buds before Studs". Harvey Beaks.
- "The Spitting Tree". Harvey Beaks.
- "Comet Night!". Harvey.
- Beaks, Miriam. "Someone's Stealing My Stuff". Harvey Beaks.
Irving, you d0n't have to eat that.
- "Who voiced the tree spirit?". tumblr.com.
- Amidi, Amid. "Nick's Upcoming 'Bad Seeds' Renamed 'Harvey Beaks!'". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- "Has Harvey even been picked up for a second season.." tumblr.com.
- "EGO PLUM". tumblr.com.
- "EGO PLUM". tumblr.com.
- "PREPARE FOR THE WILDEST ADVENTURES YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN NEW ANIMATION HARVEY BEAKS". Viacom UK & Ireland Press Centre (Press release). London: Viacom International Media Networks. April 10, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- AE (May 18, 2015). "GOtv refreshes, gets new pay-off "Live It. Love It"". Talk Media Nigeria. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- P, Charles (June 1, 2015). "Foxtel in June: 200+ new shows including Orange Is The New Black, True Detective, Suits, PLL, Wimbledon and more". The Green Room. Foxtel. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Feng, Loh Bi (May 26, 2015). "One Good Bird Seeks to Break the Rules in Nickelodeon's Brand-New Animated Series "Harvey Beaks"". VIMN Asia Press. Singapore: Viacom International Media Networks. Retrieved September 1, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "YTV's New Fall Schedule is Full of Funny!" (Press release). Toronto: Corus Entertainment. September 24, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Harvey Beaks #1: Inside Joke: Stefan Petrucha, Andreas Schuster: 9781629914312: Amazon.com: Books". amazon.com.
- "If you're at ComicCon in July, stop by the Nick... – Nerd Armada". tumblr.com.