Harry Reid (actor)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Reid in 2016
|Born||22 June 1992|
Reid trained in acting, physical theatre and musical theatre at Miskin Theatre in Dartford, Kent from 2008 until 2010. He performed in several stage shows including 'Wind in the Willows', 'The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui' and 'Agamemnon'. Reid then underwent a three year BA (Hons) Acting degree at The Arts University Bournemouth between 2010 and 2013. He did stage shows, short films, workshops and a music video for his university.
Reid appeared in his first short film outside education, in 2013. He starred in main roles in the police stopping crime short films. In early 2014, he appeared as lead role, Tom in a short film called The Last Waltz for Canterbury Christ Church. He later appeared in a feature film, called K-Shop, for White Lantern Films as Ricky.
On 18 July 2014, it was announced that Reid had been cast in the role of Ben Mitchell in the BBC soap opera, EastEnders. He became the fifth actor to portray the character, replacing Joshua Pascoe. The character first appeared in the series in 1996. Reid expressed his excitement at joining the cast and portraying Ben, stating that Ben has such a rich backstory and is "so renowned". He added that he looked forward to working with actor Steve McFadden, who portrays Ben's father Phil Mitchell. EastEnders is Reid's first major role since leaving university. On 2 October 2017, it was announced that Reid would be leaving the show after producers decided to write out the character. Reid told Tim Lovejoy on Sunday Brunch that he was not expecting to leave the show and called the decision unexpected. He confirmed that he would finish filming in December 2017. Reid made his final appearance on 12 January 2018. Reid found it emotional filming his final scene on the show's set and called it an honour to portray Ben.
Reid told Daniel Kilkelly of entertainment website Digital Spy that he had received offers after leaving EastEnders and that he would be attending auditions. On 23 February 2018, Reid announced that he would join the stage production of Witness for the Prosecution, portraying the character of Leonard Vole. On the role, Reid commented, "It's a very interesting part to play, and the story keeps you guessing until the end."
|2013||Police Stopping Crimes||Multiple roles||Short film|
|2014||The Last Waltz||Young Tom||Short film|
|2014–2018||EastEnders||Ben Mitchell||Regular role|
|2018||Witness for the Prosecution||Leonard Vole||County Hall, London|
- Reid, Harry (22 June 2016). "Harry Reid on Twitter: "It my birthday, I'm 24 and definetely felt a bit more achy this morning. Still let's smash it this week! 😜#oldage"". Twitter. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Reid, Harry. "Harry Reid on Twitter: "Gravesend born."". Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "EastEnders' Ben Mitchell in shock Albert Square exit". The Sun. 2017-10-02. Retrieved 2017-10-02.
- "HARRY REID". Spotlight. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- Duncan, Amy; Campbell, Tina (18 July 2014). "EastEnders: Ben Mitchell is BACK as first pictures of new actor Harry Reid are revealed". Metro. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "10 Things You Didn't Know About Harry Reid Who Plays Ben Mitchell". The Gay UK. 21 April 2016. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- Lee, Ben (2 October 2017). "EastEnders lines up a shocking exit as Harry Reid bows out as Ben Mitchell". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- James, Sarah; Davies, Megan (12 November 2017). "EastEnders' Harry Reid admits he didn't see Ben Mitchell's exit from the soap coming". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (12 January 2018). "EastEnders star Harry Reid reacts to Ben Mitchell's exit and the latest missing money twist". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Lee, Ben (23 February 2018). "Former EastEnders star Harry Reid reveals his next project after Ben Mitchell's exit". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "'I'd like to play Ben in EastEnders forever'". 2015-06-12.