Harold J. Ross
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Harold J. Ross (born December 6, 1956) is an American fine art photographer, best known for his light painting techniques using the Hosemaster light system. He has taken photographs for companies such as Acme Markets, DuPont and Victaulic.
Harold J. Ross
Harold Ross behind his studio in West Chester.
|Education||Maryland Institute College of Art, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography|
|Parent(s)||Howard and Margareta Ross|
Ross was born in Fort Riley, Kansas to parents Howard Eugene Ross and Margareta Maier Ross. Howard was active in the United States Army and was trained to be a Computer Systems Analyst, while Margareta was a homemaker. Harold is the second youngest of his 3 siblings.
Between 1960 and 1962, Harold lived in Nuremberg, Germany, his mother's hometown. Due to his father's activity in the Army, Harold and his family moved multiple times during his childhood. In 1962, Harold and his family relocated to White Sands, New Mexico, where Harold attended White Sands Elementary School. Harold's family moved again in 1967 to Heidelberg, Germany, where Harold attended the American Heidelberg Middle School.
Harold's family relocated one last time to Aberdeen, Maryland, where Harold attended Aberdeen High School. In 1974, Harold attended the Maryland Institute College of Art, and graduated in 1978 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
After moving to West Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1987 Harold opened his commercial photography studio, Ross Studio. Since then, he has created images for national clients, as well as fine art images. Recently, Harold has begun teaching workshops on the subject of light painting.
- Photographer Highlight: Harold Ross - Jason D. Moore Photography http://jasondmoore.com/blog/2010/04/photographer-highlight-harold-ross/
- 12 Mystique Light Painting Photography by Harold Ross - Web Design Core http://www.webdesigncore.com/2010/05/29/12-mystique-light-painting-photography-by-harold-ross/
- About Harold Ross - Gallery 50 http://www.50contemporaryart.com/about-artist-harold-ross
- Harold Ross Contemporary Fine Art Photography http://www.haroldrossfineart.com
- Conrad, Fred R. (January 5, 2012). "Sculpting a Photograph With Light". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- Photographer Wins 1st Place in National Show http://www.free-press-release.com/news-photographer-wins-1st-place-in-national-show-1274884707.html