This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (July 2020)
Rajab Abdul Kahali (born 15 March 1991), popularly known by his stage name Harmonize, is a Tanzanian Bongo Flava musician and music entrepreneur. Also sometimes referred to as Konde Boy, Jeshi, Tembo, Mbunge, Konde-Mabeyo He is well known for his songs "Kwa Ngwaru", featuring Diamond Platnumz, and "Show Me" featuring Rich Mavoko. In 2017 MTV Base included him in their African edition of "Ones to Watch for 2017". He was the first artist to sign a recording contract with Diamond Platnumz WCB Wasafi label., and has since gone on to found his own record label, Konde Music Worldwide.
|Birth name||Rajab Abdul Kahali|
|Also known as||Harmonize|
|Born||15 March 1991|
|Genres||Bongo flava, afro-pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar, drums|
|Labels||Konde Music Worldwide|
|Associated acts||Bill Nass, Diamond Platnumz, Mr Eazi, Eddy Kenzo, Burna Boy, John Frog Yemi Alade Pepsy Jay, Morgan Heritage, Nandy, Rayvanny, Bonga de Alpha, Falz, Phyno, S2Kizzy, Darassa, Lady Jay Dee, Rich Mavoko|
He started his music career in 2011. In 2015, he met Diamond Platnumz and got signed at WCB Wasafi in 2015. His first song "Aiyola" was commercially successful. He won three awards from WatsUp TV, AFRIMMA and AEA USA (in the US).
On February 25, 2019, he released 'Afro Bongo'. His first EP featuring Diamond Platnumz, Burna Boy, Mr. Eazi and Yemi Alade. Afro Bongo has four tracks including his major hit Kainama which is a track number one from the EP. Kainama's music video surfaced over 14 million views in 12 months.
Harmonize left WCB Wasafi in the end of 2019 and released several projects including 'The Return Of Q Chillah'. Out Of WCB, Harmonize released four commercial singles including 'Hainistui' and 'Uno' which is featured on his debut studio album 'Afro East' released on 14 March 2020.[needs update]
Harmonize dropped his latest offering, an 18-track album titled Afro East, which is the follow-up to his 2019's EP Afro Bongo.
The album, which is the Tanzanian artist's first project since leaving Diamond Platnumz's record label, features Burna Boy, Lady Jay Dee Phyno, Yemi Alade, Mr Eazi, Falz, Skales and several others.
Harmonize's four year relationship, and then marriage in 2019 to Italian socialite and entrepreneur, Sarah Michelotti was widely publicised. In 2020, one year after the exchanging of vows, it was announced that the couple had separated due to irreconcilable differences. It was reported that the split was caused in part by infidelity on the side of Harmonize which led to him fathering his first child out of wedlock. Since this point Harmonize has been seen by the public to be embracing his new role as a father. Just months later he publicly announced the beginning of a new relationship with Tanzanian actress Frida Kajala Masanja.
|"Bado" ft. Diamond Platnumz||2016|
|"Kainama" (ft. Burna Boy & Diamond Platnumz)||2017|
"Paranawe" Ft. Rayvanny (2018)
"Show Me What You Got" Ft Yemi Alade (2018)
"Kushoto Kulia" (2019)
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2016||Bado ft. Diamond Platnumz||WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards for Best African Newcomer Video||Won|
|Himself||African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) for Best Newcomer||Won|
|African Entertainment Awards (AEAUSA) for Best New Artist||Won|
- "Harmonize - New Songs, Playlists & Latest News - BBC Music". BBC. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "TRACE MZIKI: AUGUST HIGHLIGHTS - Trace Mziki". trace.tv (in French). Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Harmonize Biography, Age, Girlfriend and Songs". Africa Guide. 26 May 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Base, MTV (8 March 2016). "News : harmonize teams up with diamond platnumz for "bado"". MTV Base. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Base, MTV (30 May 2017). "News : rich mavoko and harmonize's song "show me" is the biggest track in tanzania". MTV Base. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Base, MTV (10 February 2017). "News : acts to lookout for in 2017". MTV Base. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Matiko, Thomas (23 August 2019). "Tanzania: Why Harmonize Wants to End His 15-Year Contract With Wasafi". allAfrica.com. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- Base, MTV (30 August 2017). "News : wcb wasafi's artists collaborate on "zilipendwa"". MTV Base. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Shatta Wale saves Ghana at 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards". www.ghanaweb.com. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "Full List of Winners – WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards 2016 | Beenie Words". Beenie Words. 28 December 2016. Archived from the original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 24 September 2017.
- "Diamond na Harmonize washinda tuzo Marekani". BBC Swahili. 17 October 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Celebs, African (1 March 2020). "Harmonize — Afro East Album Launch". Medium. Retrieved 26 November 2020.
- "Harmonize features Burna Boy, Khaligraph, Yemi Alade, Mr Eazi and several others on new album 'Afro East'". 21 March 2020. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "Tanzanian Artist Harmonize Releases New 'Afro East' Album". www.rehabmp3.com. 14 March 2020. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Harmonize Features Yemi Alade 'Pain'". Jamsbase.com. 23 May 2020. Retrieved 23 May 2020.
- "Harmonize on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Jonstar. "VIDEO: Harmonize - Nishachoka". Bongo Exclusive. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- http://www.beeniewords.com/full-list-of-winners-watsup-tv-africa-music-video-awards-2016/[dead link]
- "Full List Of The AFRIMMA Awards 2016 Winners - HBR 103.5FM". 17 October 2016.
- "African Entertainment Awards USA Full Nominees List". 2 September 2016.