Harley Quinn (TV series)
Harley Quinn is an upcoming American animated web television series based on the Harley Quinn character created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm that is set to premiere on November 29, 2019 on DC Universe, and will initially consist of 13 episodes. The series is set to be written and executive produced by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, and Dean Lorey and will follow the misadventures of Harley Quinn and her partner in crime, Poison Ivy, after leaving her abusive ex-boyfriend the Joker.
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||DC Universe|
Cast and charactersEdit
- Kaley Cuoco as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
- Lake Bell as Dr. Pamela Isley / Poison Ivy
- Alan Tudyk as Joker, Basil Karlo / Clayface
- Diedrich Bader as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Jim Rash as Edward Nigma / Riddler
- Ron Funches as Nanaue / King Shark
- Christopher Meloni as Commissioner James Gordon
- Tony Hale as Dr. Edgar Cizko / Doctor Psycho, Felix Faust
- J. B. Smoove as Frank the Plant
- Jason Alexander as Sy Borgman
- Giancarlo Esposito as Lex Luthor
- Wanda Sykes as Tsaritsa / Queen of Fables
- Rahul Kohli as Dr. Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow
- Sanaa Lathan as Selina Kyle / Catwoman
- Tom Kenny as Clayface's Hand
- Vanessa Marshall as Princess Diana / Wonder Woman, Doris Zeul / Giganta
- Jacob Tremblay as Damian Wayne / Robin
- James Adomian as Bane
- Natalie Morales
- Matt Oberg as Charles Brown / Kite-Man, Anatoli Knyazev / KGBeast
- Tisha Campbell-Martin as Tawny Young
- Phil LaMarr as David Hyde / Black Manta, Jason Praxis
- Andy Daly as Harvey Dent / Two-Face
- Will Sasso as Maxie Zeus
- Briana Cucco as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl
On November 20, 2017, it was announced that the then-unnamed DC Universe had ordered 26 episodes of Harley Quinn, a half-hour adult animated action-comedy series created and written by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Executive producers were set to include Halpern, Schumacker, Lorey, and Sam Register with Jennifer Coyle serving as a producer. Production companies involved in the series were slated to consist of Ehsugadee Productions and Warner Bros. Animation. The first season will consist of 13 episodes of the initial 26-episode order.
In June 2018, it was announced that the series would premiere in 2019. In October, it was further mapped as an October 2019 premiere. It was also reported that Kaley Cuoco would also serve as an executive producer for the series through her production company Yes, Norman Productions.
Alongside the series order announcement, it was reported that the producers of the series were expected to approach Margot Robbie, who portrays the character in the DC Extended Universe, to reprise the role. Other characters expected to be featured in the series included the Joker, Poison Ivy, Sy Borgman, Doctor Psycho, Malice Vundabar, King Shark, and Clayface.
On October 3, 2018, it was announced that Cuoco would voice Harley Quinn and Lake Bell would voice Poison Ivy. Additional voice actors in the series include Alan Tudyk as Joker and Clayface, Ron Funches as King Shark, J. B. Smoove as Frank the Plant, Jason Alexander as Sy Borgman, Wanda Sykes as the Queen of Fables, Giancarlo Esposito as Lex Luthor, Natalie Morales, Jim Rash as Riddler, Diedrich Bader reprising his role from Batman: The Brave and the Bold as Batman himself, Tony Hale as Dr. Psycho and Christopher Meloni as James Gordon. Shortly after, Rahul Kohli revealed he would voice Scarecrow in the series. In June 2019, Sanaa Lathan was revealed to be voicing Catwoman, who will be depicted as African American. On July 24, 2019, Vanessa Marshall revealed to be reprising Wonder Woman from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. While on the following day, TV Guide revealed that Charlie Adler has been confirmed to serve as the series voice director.
Harley Quinn is set to premiere on DC Universe on November 29, 2019. On October 3, 2018, ahead of the annual New York Comic Con, a teaser trailer featuring Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Batman was released. A full, uncensored trailer set to Joan Jett's cover of the theme song from The Mary Tyler Moore Show was released on July 20, 2019 to coincide with the panel at San Diego Comic-Con.
- Melrose, Kevin (June 28, 2018). "Harley Quinn Will Aim For Legion of Doomh in Her New Cartoon". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Agard, Chancellor (October 3, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco to star in 'Harley Quinn' series: 'It has definitely been empowering'". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Melrose, Kevin (October 25, 2018). "Alan Tudyk to Voice The Joker in Harley Quinn Animated Series". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on October 26, 2018. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- Drum, Nicole (October 3, 2018). "Diedrich Bader Voices Batman in 'Harley Quinn' Teaser". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- "'Harley Quinn': Alan Tudyk Explains How His Joker Is Different Than Mark Hamill's". Comicbook.com. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
Here's a funny story, Tony Hale plays Psycho, Doctor Psycho (...)
- Kohli, Rahul [@RahulKohli13] (October 11, 2018). "Well I've been given the go ahead to let you guys know one of the new projects I've been working on! Mans is the voice of SCARECROW! #HarleyQuinn" (Tweet). Retrieved October 11, 2018 – via Twitter.
- "Sanaa Lathan To Voice Catwoman In Harley Quinn Animated Series For DC Universe's Streaming Service". June 17, 2019.
- "Vanessa Marshall on Instagram: "Plus? FYI! Xo #WonderWoman :) #Repost @thedcuniverse with @get_repost ・・・ Did you catch the sneak peek of #DCUHARLEYQUINN at #SDCC last…"". Instagram.
- N'Duka, Amanda; N'Duka, Amanda (July 23, 2019). "DC Universe's 'Harley Quinn' Starring Kaley Cuoco Eyes New Perspectives On Familiar Caped Crusaders – TCA".
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 21, 2017). "'Harley Quinn': DC Digital Service Orders Animated Series About Comic Book Villainess From 'Powerless' Trio". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 26, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (June 28, 2018). "DC Universe Streaming Service Set To Launch With Live-Action 'Titans', 'Doom Patrol', & 'Swamp Thing'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 10, 2018. Retrieved July 5, 2018.
- Ridgely, Charlie (October 4, 2018). "DC Universe Originals Release Schedule Revealed". Comicbook.com. Archived from the original on October 13, 2018. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- Boucher, Geoff (October 3, 2018). "Kaley Cuoco To Voice Harley Quinn In DC Universe Series; Watch New York Comic Con Preview". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Sanchez, Toni (February 7, 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: Cast Of Characters Confirmed For New Animated Harley Quinn Series - Page 2 of 2 - That Hashtag Show". That Hashtag Show. Archived from the original on February 14, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Moore, Rose (February 7, 2018). "Animated Harley Quinn TV Show Characters Revealed". Screen Rant. Archived from the original on February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Schwerdtfeger, Conner (February 8, 2018). "The Harley Quinn TV Show Will Probably Feature The Joker And More Awesome DC Villains". Cinema Blend. Archived from the original on February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- @ArkhamHQ16 (July 25, 2019). "From TV Guide Kaley Cuoco on DC Universe Harley Quinn! @HarleyMovieNews @dcumoviepage @DCEUPosts @ArkhamAnnie @DcComicsUnited @HarleyQuinnDCTVpic.twitter.com/bazUhXhw4n" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Yehl, Joshua (October 4, 2019). "Harley Quinn: November Premiere Date Revealed for DC Universe Series". IGN. Retrieved October 6, 2019.
- Radulovic, Petrana (October 4, 2018). "Harley Quinn cartoon trailer makes fun of Deadpool and DC's dark, gritty movies". Polygon. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- HARLEY QUINN Comic-Con® 2019 Video: First-Look Preview #WBSDCC (Video). Warner Bros. July 20, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- Harley Quinn: Arlequina terá versão em desenho animado! Veja o Trailer! Retrieved July 22, 2019.