Harley Fiona Riley (born 13 December 2001), better known by her stage name of Harley Bird, is an English actress. She was the third voice of Peppa Pig, taking on the role in 2007 and leaving in 2020. She was replaced by English actress Amelie Bea Smith.
Harley Fiona Riley
13 December 2001
Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England
Early and personal lifeEdit
Bird was born in Rochdale, Greater Manchester in Northern England, as Harley Fiona Riley and lives in Tring, Hertfordshire, with her parents, Gill and Craig Riley. She is the second eldest of four children and has two sisters, Taylor and Olivia, and a brother called Rosco. Bird used to attend Tring Park School for the Performing Arts on their Tring Park Associates programme before enrolling into the main school, where she remains.
At age five, she was signed to Alphabet Kidz Talent Agency. A month later she gained the role of Peppa in the children's animated series Peppa Pig. She replaced the previous actors, Lily Snowden-Fine and Cecily Bloom. She first voiced Peppa on the 2007 "Peppa's Christmas" special and continued to voice the character for seasons 3, 4, 5 & the first half of the 6th. In her role, she has lent her voice to Peppa Pig in The Official BBC Children in Need Medley as well as various other pieces of show merchandise.
Bird's TV appearances and radio broadcasts include a behind-the-scenes feature on CBBC's Newsround and an interviewed in character as Peppa on BBC Radio One's Chris Moyles Show. She became the youngest British Academy Film Award winner ever when she won the Performer award at the 2011 British Academy Children's Awards for her voice-artist work as Peppa Pig.
Bird starred as Daisy in Blueberry, a 2009 short film which won the Audience Award at the Cinequest Film Festival, She also starred as Piper alongside Saoirse Ronan in Kevin Macdonald's How I Live Now, released in 2013. She also starred in Goodbye, a radio drama by Morwenna Banks, her Peppa Pig co-star, that aired on BBC Radio 4 alongside Olivia Colman, Natascha McElhone, Darren Boyd, Alison Steadman, and John Simm. Bird currently plays the lead role of Sammy in Disney Channel's webisode series, So Sammy.
|2007–2020||Peppa Pig||Peppa Pig and Baby Alexander||Voice|
|2010–2014||Hailey and Friends||Mika||Dubbed Voice|
|2013||How I Live Now||Piper||Film|
|2013||Goodbye||Maddy||BBC Radio 4 drama|
|2014||Doctor Who||Ruby||Episode: "In the Forest of the Night"|
|2017||So Sammy||Sammy||Disney mini series|
- "12 today! I love my pressies....!x". Twitter. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Iuzzolino, Sarah; Lewis, Hannah; Matthews, Donovan; Vieni, Izzy (29 December 2017). "Harley Bird, voice of Peppa Pig, talks with Long Island kids". Newsday. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Alphabet Kidz talent agency". Archived from the original on 5 September 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Pipers Corner School Pupil wins Children's BAFTA". UK Boarding Schools. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Thompson, Melissa (25 January 2015). "Meet TV's Peppa Pig... the 13-year-old girl from Rochdale". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Barns, Sarah (16 January 2015). "'I'm Peppa Pig' Meet Harley Bird, 13, the voice behind the world's most famous cartoon hog". Express. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Peppa Pig star Harley Bird on 10 years oinking", BBC News, 21 March 2017, retrieved 21 March 2017
- "Harley Bird: The Voice Behind Peppa Pig". Retrieved 8 August 2012. BBC Newsround, 9 February 2012
- "Chris Moyles Guests 2011". Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "BAFTA Children's Awards Winners 2011". Archived from the original on 11 September 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Woods, Judith (22 December 2011). "Why middle-class England is potty about Peppa Pig". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 23 December 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Peppa Pig voice actor Harley Bird quits after 13 years". The Guardian. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
- "Blueberry". Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Saoirse Ronan to star in How I Live Now". Studio Magazine. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Press release for "How I Live Now" film". 25 June 2012. Archived from the original on 29 May 2016. Retrieved 8 August 2012.Meg Rosoff blog
- "John Simm joins Olivia Coleman, Natascha McElhone & Olivia Poulet for 'Goodbye'". 27 October 2013.
- Taylor, Frances (14 February 2017). "Miranda Hart makes foray into children's TV with new Disney web series So Sammy". Radio Times. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Harley Bird at IMDb
- "Screen Daily - Shooting Starts on Kevin MacDonald's "How I Live Now"". Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Manchester Evening News - The 10 Year Old Girl from Rochdale who is a global TV star as the voice of Peppa Pig". 21 January 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "BBC News - Voice of Peppa Pig, Harley Bird, wins a BAFTA". BBC News. Retrieved 8 August 2012.