Hardin County Line
Hardin County Line is the debut album of American country music singer-songwriter Mark Collie. It featured 3 singles, one of which, "Looks Aren't Everything", hit the top 40. The other two, the title track and "Something With A Ring To It" failed to chart. The album itself reached a peak of number 57.
|Hardin County Line|
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 29, 1990|
|Mark Collie chronology|
|Singles from Hardin County Line|
The track, "Something with a Ring to It" would later be recorded by Garth Brooks and included as a bonus track on The Chase for The Limited Series and would be included on all later pressings of that album. "Where There's Smoke" was later released as a single by Archer/Park in 1994.
Giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars, John Floyd of AllMusic wrote that the album "evokes the heart of '50s country, with detailed and compassionate songwriting, wildcat vocals, and guitar by James Burton."
|1.||"The Good News and The Bad News"||Mark Collie, Bruce Burch||2:53|
|2.||"Something With a Ring to It"||Collie, Aaron Tippin||2:30|
|3.||"Let Her Go"||Collie||2:51|
|4.||"What I Wouldn't Give"||Burch, Collie, Vip Vipperman||2:59|
|5.||"Where There's Smoke"||Collie, Bobby P. Barker||2:36|
|6.||"Bound to Ramble"||Collie, Michael Gordon, Ronny Scaife||2:30|
|7.||"Looks Aren't Everything"||Collie||2:54|
|8.||"Another Old Soldier"||Collie||3:27|
|9.||"Hardin County Line"||Collie, Scaife||3:26|
|10.||"Deliver Me"||Collie, Bruce Bouton||3:40|
From Hardin County Line liner notes.
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- Barry Beckett - piano
- James Burton - electric guitar
- The Fairfield Five Singers - background vocals on "What I Wouldn't Give"
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar
- Vince Gill - background vocals
- Mac McAnally - acoustic guitar
- Steve Nathan - organ on "Deliver Me" and "Another Old Soldier"
- Michael Rhodes - bass guitar
- Harry Stinson - background vocals
- Marty Stuart - acoustic guitar on "Hardin County Line"
- Curtis Young - background vocals
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||57|