Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega
Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (English: Every Heart That Loves) is a 2000 Indian Hindi romance film directed by Raj Kanwar. The film stars Salman Khan, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji with a special appearance by Shah Rukh Khan. It was highly praised by the critics and was the third hit in a row by Salman Khan-Sajid Nadiadwala (producer) collaboration It became the fourth highest grosser of the year. The film is a remake of 1997 Malayalam film Chandralekha starring Mohanlal and the plot also has some minor elements loosely based on the film While You Were Sleeping.
|Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega|
Movie poster for Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega
|Directed by||Raj Kanwar|
|Produced by||Sajid Nadiadwala|
|Written by||Rumi Jaffrey|
|Edited by||Sanjay Verma|
|Distributed by||Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment|
|Box office||₹28.5 crore (equivalent to ₹84 crore or US$12 million in 2017)|
Raj (Salman Khan) is a singer trying to make his way in the big city of Mumbai. He rescues a young woman who has fallen in front of a train and stays with her when she is rushed to a hospital. Pooja Oberoi (Rani Mukerji), the daughter of a wealthy family, survives but falls into a coma. Her family rushes to the hospital and, finding Raj there, assumes that he is Pooja's husband, Romi, with whom she had eloped and whom they had never met. Since Pooja's father has a higher chance of a heart attack, Raj lies and says he is Romi.
As the family gets to know the pretend Romi, Pooja's best friend, Jahnvi (Preity Zinta) starts spending a lot of time with him. He falls in love with Jahnvi, who is regarded as a second daughter by Pooja's family. Then Pooja revives from her coma and complicates matters by falling for Raj. Raj chooses Jahnvi because he really loves her and admits that he acted as Pooja's husband out of kindness.
- Salman Khan as Raj (Raju)/ aka Romi
- Preity Zinta as Jahnvi
- Rani Mukerji as Pooja Oberoi
- Shah Rukh Khan as Rahul (Special Appearance)
- Sana Saeed as Anjali (Special Appearance)
- Rajeev Verma as Bharat Oberoi
- Paresh Rawal as Goverdhan
- Neeraj Vora as Abdul
- Shakti Kapoor as Abdul's uncle
- Satish Shah as Mahesh Hirwani
- Kamini Kaushal as Biji
- Vinay Pathak as Monty
- Razak Khan as Dance Master
- Dimple Inamdar as Beach Dancer
|Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega|
|Soundtrack album by Anu Malik|
|Released||9 June 2000|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Anu Malik chronology|
Music of the album has been composed by Anu Malik. According to the Indian trade website Box Office India, with around 22,00,000 units sold, this film's soundtrack album was the year's fifth highest-selling. 'Har dil jo pyar karega', 'Piya Piya' and 'Ek garam chai ki pyali ho'(Indian version of the Egyptian song "Al Lilla Doob" ) garnered special popularity, although the whole album was received positively.
|1||"Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega"||Alka Yagnik & Udit Narayan||06:04|
|2||"Dil Dil Deewana"||Alka Yagnik & Udit Narayan||05:55|
|3||"Aisa Pehli Baar Hua Hai"||Sonu Nigam||06:47|
|4||"Piya Piya"||Preeti & Pinky, Prashant||05:40|
|5||"Ek Garam Chai Ki Pyali Ho"||Anu Malik||05:40|
|7||"Sahiba Sahiba II"||KK||01:33|
|8||"Aate Jaate Jo Milta Hai"||Alka Yagnik & Sonu Nigam||06:12|
|9||"Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (Sad)"||Alka Yagnik||03:49|
- Won - Best Actress - Rani Mukerji
The film was generally well received by the critics, especially the performances of the three leads were appreciated. Film journal Screen praised the performances of Khan and Zinta and wrote, "The director deserves to be commended for his efforts to spring a few surprises in the film and extract better performances from the lead players."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 August 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- . 
- "Music Hits 2000–2009 (Figures in Units)". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 15 February 2008. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega: Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- Nair, Padmaraj (11 August 2000). "Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega – Salman, Preity excel". Screen. Archived from the original on 16 August 2000. Retrieved 2012-01-07.