Dr. Hao Ping (Chinese: 郝平; pinyin: Hǎo Píng; born 1959 in Shandong) is a Chinese politician and historian currently serving as Communist Party Secretary of Peking University. He formerly served as Vice Minister of Education.
Hao Ping in 2017.
|President of Peking University|
|Assumed office |
23 October 2018
|Preceded by||Lin Jianhua|
|Communist Party Secretary of Peking University|
December 2016 – October 2018
|Preceded by||Zhu Shanlu|
|Succeeded by||Qiu Shuiping|
|President of Beijing Foreign Studies University|
June 2005 – September 2010
|Preceded by||Chen Naifang|
|Succeeded by||Chen Yulu|
|Born||September 1959 (age 61)|
Qingdao, Shandong, China
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Alma mater||Peking University|
University of Hawaii
Education and CareerEdit
1978-1982 Undergraduate studies (B.A. in History), Peking University
1982-1986 Staff member in office of the President, Peking University
1986-1991 Deputy Director, Office of Student Affairs, Peking University
1991-1992 Visiting Scholar, Center for Chinese Studies, University of Hawaii, USA
1995-2001 Concurrently served as Director of Office of International Programs, Assistant President of PKU (1997.04), Deputy Secretary-General of PKU Education Foundation (1998.09), and Executive Member of the CPC Standing Committee of PKU (1999.02)
1995-1999 Doctoral studies (Ph.D. in International Relations), Peking University
2001-2005 Vice President of Peking University and Executive Member of the CPC Standing Committee of PKU
2005-2009 President, Beijing Foreign Studies University
2009- Vice Minister of Education, Executive Member of the CPC Leading Group of Ministry of Education, Director of Chinese National Commission for UNESCO
Dr. Hao Ping is a Deputy to the National Committee of the 11th Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.
- Hao Ping, 无奈的结局 : 司徒雷登与中国 [An Unfortunate Ending: John Leighton Stuart and China]. (Peking University Press, 2011).
- Hao Ping, Sun Yat-sen and America (Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press, 2012).
- Hao Ping, Peking University and the Origins of Higher Education in China ([Peking University Press, 2nd ed., 2008] Bridge21 Publications, 2013).
- Garvey, Michael O. (April 9, 2013). "Honorable Hao Ping, China's vice minister for education, leads delegation to Notre Dame". Notre Dame News. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "China Vitae". China Vitae. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Hao Ping: Chinese education vice minister". Malamalama. University of Hawaii. September 13, 2011. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
Chen Naifang (陈乃芳)
| President of Beijing Foreign Studies University
| President of Peking University
|Party political offices|
| Communist Party Secretary of Peking University
Qiu Shuiping (邱水平)