Hao is the Mandarin pinyin and Wade–Giles romanization of the Chinese surname written 郝 in Chinese characters. It is listed 77th in the Song dynasty classic text Hundred Family Surnames. As of 2008, it is the 82nd most common surname in China, shared by 2.7 million people.
|Meaning||a place in modern-day Shanxi province|
- Hao Meng (died 196), Eastern Han officer under Lü Bu
- Hao Zhao (fl. 228), Cao Wei general
- Hao Chujun (607–681), Tang dynasty chancellor
- Hao Yaoqi (郝搖旗; died 1663), rebel general under Li Zicheng
- Hao Weizhen (1842–1920), taichi master
- Hao Peng (1881–?), Republic of China politician
- Hao Mengling (1892–1937), Republic of China general
- Hao Pengju (1903–1947), Republic of China general
- Fan Ming, born Hao Keyong (1914–2010), general and leader in Tibet
- Andrew Hao or Hao Jinli (1916–2011), bishop of Roman Catholic Diocese of Xiwanzi
- Hau Pei-tsun or Hao Bocun (born 1919), retired general and former Premier of the Republic of China
- Hao Jianxiu (born 1935), PRC politician, member of the CPC Central Secretariat
- Hao Jiming (born 1946), environmental engineer, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
- Hau Lung-pin or Hao Longbin (born 1952), Mayor of Taipei, son of Hau Pei-tsun
- Hao Ping (born 1959), PRC Vice Minister of Education
- Hao Peng (born 1960), PRC politician, Governor of Qinghai province
- Hao Haitao (born 1968), football player and coach
- Hao Haidong (born 1970), football player
- Hao Qun, pen name Murong Xuecun (born 1974), writer
- Hao Wei (born 1976), football player
- Hao Lei (born 1978), actress
- Hao Shuai (born 1983), table tennis player
- Hao Xingchen, football player
- Hao Yonghe (born 1989), football player
- Hao Yun (born 1995), swimmer, Olympic medalist
- Hao Siwen, a character in the classical novel Water Margin
- "百家姓" [Hundred Family Surnames] (in Chinese). Guoxue. Retrieved 2014-09-16.
- "中国最新300大姓排名（2008）" [300 most common surnames in China (2008)] (in Chinese). Taiwan.cn. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2014-09-18.
- Patrick Hanks, Richard Coates, Peter McClure, The Oxford Dictionary of Family Names in Britain and Ireland
- Haozhuang (disambiguation), villages connected to the Hao family
|This page lists people with the surname Hao. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|