This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hanwha Aerospace Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Hanwha Group, is an aerospace industrial company headquartered in Changwon, South Korea. It was established in 1977 as Samsung Precision. The company is Korea's only gas turbine engine manufacturer, and specializes in the development, production and maintenance of aircraft engines. In 1979, it started the aircraft engine business with gas turbine engine depot maintenance business, providing various gas turbine solutions to Korea and all over the world and by 2016 the company had produced more than 8,000 pieces of equipment.
|Traded as||KRX: 012450|
|Founded||1977(as Samsung Precision)|
|Hyun-Woo Shin (President)|
|Revenue||4,215 Billion KRW (2017)|
|Total assets||5,748 Billion KRW (2017)|
Number of employees
The company was founded as Samsung Precision in 1977. The company established a precision instrument laboratory in 1978. In technical cooperation with General Electric, it started manufacturing jet engines for Korean aircraft in 1980.
It changed its name to Samsung Aerospace Industries in 1987 and started to make helicopters. The same year, it made the first KF-16 fighter jet in Korea.
It handed over the firm's aircraft business to Korea Aerospace Industries in 1999 and changed its name to Samsung Techwin in 2000.
In 2017, Hanwha Techwin has spun off its defense, energy equipment and industrial equipment business units into three subsidiaries, Hanwha Land Systems, Hanwha Power System and Hanwha Precision Machinery .
In 2018, Hanwha Aerospace changed its name from Hanwha Techwin after its security division was spun off into an independent entity.
- Hanwha Land Systems
- Hanwha Power Systems
- Hanwha Precision Machinery
- Hanwha Techwin
- Hanwha Systems
- "Annual Financial Summary | Hanwha Aerospace". www.hanwhaaerospace.com.
- "Information | Hanwha Aerospace". www.hanwhaaerospace.com.
- By Joel Griffin, Security Info Watch. “Samsung Techwin sold to S. Korean conglomerate.” December 1, 2014. December 10, 2014.
- The Korea Observer. "Hanwha wraps up takeover of four Samsung arms." June 29, 2016. Retrieved Feb 10, 2017.
- "Hanwha Techwin to Spin off Defense, Energy, Industrial Equipment Business Units". 비즈니스코리아 - BusinessKorea (in Korean). 28 April 2017.
- "Hanwha Aerospace Takes Off To New Horizons". Hanwha.com.