Hans-Peter "Hansi" Müller (born 27 July 1957 in Stuttgart) is a former German footballer who played as a midfielder. Both his parents were of Transylvanian Saxon descent (German: Siebenbürger Sachsen) that were deported from Romania after World War II.
|Full name||Hans-Peter Müller|
|Date of birth||27 July 1957|
|Place of birth||Stuttgart, West Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|1976–1978||West Germany Amateur||7||(3)|
|1977–1978||West Germany B||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Müller began his career playing for his hometown side VfB Stuttgart. After the 1982 FIFA World Cup, he moved to Italy to play for F.C. Internazionale Milano for two seasons, and subsequently also spent a season with Como.
Müller made his international debut in 1978. While at Stuttgart, Müller took part in UEFA Euro 1980 with West Germany, aged 22, after a brief taste of action at the 1978 FIFA World Cup, where he started all four games. The tournament would prove to be Müller's international peak as they emerged victorious. He had a disappointing 1982 World Cup, and despite playing in the Italian league, he made his 42nd and last appearance for West Germany the following year. In total he scored five international goals.
Style of playEdit
Müller was an elegant midfield playmaker, who usually played in the middle of the pitch. He was known for his clever passing and excellent left foot, as well as his charismatic presence and leadership on the field.
- "Müller, Hans" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "Von Weltmeistern und Olympiasiegern". Siebenbürgische Zeitung (in German). 21 May 2002. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "UEFA Euro 1980 team of the tournament". UEFA. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
- Arnhold, Matthias (1 October 2015). "Hans Peter 'Hansi' Müller - Matches and Goals in Bundesliga". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Arnhold, Matthias (1 October 2015). "Hans Peter 'Hansi' Müller - International Appearances". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "BECCALOSSI: "IO E MULLER NON CI POTEVAMO VEDERE, ECCO PERCHÉ. ORIALI MI DICEVA…"" (in Italian). F.C. Inter 1908. 5 March 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "Bundesliga Historie 1979/80" (in German). kicker.
- "Bundesliga Historie 1980/81" (in German). kicker.
- José Luis Pierrend (8 January 2015). "The "Bravo" Award". RSSSF. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- Hansi Müller at fussballdaten.de (in German)
- Hansi Müller at WorldFootball.net
- Hansi Müller at National-Football-Teams.com