Hans Zorn (27 October 1891 – 2 August 1943) was a German general in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany. Zorn was killed on 2 August 1943 by Soviet fire during Operation Kutuzov. He was posthumously awarded the Oak leaves to his Knight's Cross on 3 September 1943.
|Born||27 October 1891|
Munich, Bavaria, German Empire
|Died||2 August 1943 (aged 51)|
Krassnaya-Roschtocha, Kromy, Oryol Oblast, RSFSR, USSR
|Allegiance|| German Empire|
|Rank||General of the Infantry|
|Commands held||20th Infantry Division|
XXXX Army Corps
XXXXVI Panzer Corps
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
|Relations||Eduard Zorn (brother)|
Awards and decorationsEdit
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (23 October 1914) & 1st Class (29 January 1916)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (14 May 1940) & 1st Class (26 May 1940)
- German Cross in Gold on 14 June 1942 as General der Infanterie in the XXXXVI. Armeekorps (motorized)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 476.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 533.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 371.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 62.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.