|Full name||Hans Adu Sarpei|
|Date of birth||28 June 1976|
|Place of birth||Tema, Ghana|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2001–2007||VfL Wolfsburg II||1||(0)|
|2008–2009||Bayer Leverkusen II||3||(0)|
|*Club domestic league appearances and goals|
Club career Edit
Sarpei was born in Tema. He was with VfL Wolfsburg for six seasons, where he extended his contract until 30 June 2007 in February 2004. He joined Wolfsburg in 2001 and made over 130 appearances for the Wolves. At the end of the 2006–07 Bundesliga season, then Wolfsburg manager Klaus Augenthaler decided not to renew Sarpei's contract.
International career Edit
Sarpei was a member of the Ghana national team. As such, he participated at the 2006 World Cup and the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He also received call-ups for the 2006 African Cup of Nations and the 2010 African Cup of Nations squads.
Media career Edit
- 2015: 3 Türken und ein Baby (as Balthasar)
Personal life Edit
Sarpei, who also has a German passport, moved to Germany from Ghana with his parents, when he was a child. His older brother, Edward, is a former Bundesliga player for 1. FC Köln, currently playing for BP Worringen. Sarpei enjoys his large Facebook followership which recoined various Chuck Norris facts on him.
- "2006 FIFA World Cup Germany: List of Players: Ghana" (PDF). FIFA. 21 March 2014. p. 13. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 June 2019.
- "Bayer holt Sarpei" (in German). www.kicker.de. 18 May 2007. Retrieved 18 May 2007.
- "Sarpei heads to Leverkusen". ghanaweb.com. 19 May 2007. Retrieved 19 May 2007.
- Prudon, Laura (9 May 2016). "Netflix Orders Global Competition Series 'Ultimate Beastmaster' from Sylvester Stallone, Dave Broome". Variety. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Hans Sarpei: Meine Laufbahn". www.hanssarpei.de. 1 January 2005. Archived from the original on 17 December 2004. Retrieved 1 January 2005.
- "Ghanaweb Profile – Edward Sarpei". ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 28 December 2009.
- "Warum Hans Sarpei auf Facebook Kult ist ..." (in German). ZDF.de. Retrieved 10 March 2012.[permanent dead link]