Han Kwang-song (Hangul: 한광성; Hanja: 韓光成; born 11 September 1998) is a North Korean professional footballer who plays as a forward for Italian club Juventus U23, on loan from Cagliari, and the North Korea national team. An ambidextrous player, Han’s main characteristics are his dribbling, eye for goal and vision of the game.
|Date of birth||11 September 1998|
|Place of birth||Pyongyang, North Korea|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Juventus U23 (on loan from Cagliari)|
|2017–2018||→ Perugia (loan)||17||(7)|
|2018–2019||→ Perugia (loan)||19||(4)|
|2019–||→ Juventus U23 (loan)||0||(0)|
|2015||North Korea U17||4||(0)|
|2016||North Korea U19||3||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:50, 18 June 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 January 2019
2017: Debut yearEdit
Han Kwang-song joined Cagliari at academy level in 2017, after a successful trial period. Han became the first North Korean to play in the Serie A in 3–1 away win over Palermo, on 2 April 2017, appearing as a substitute for Marco Sau in the 86th minute. He scored his first goal for the club in a 3–2 home defeat to Torino on 9 April with the final goal of the game 5 minutes into stoppage time, thereby becoming the first North Korean to score in Serie A. On 13 April 2017, Han signed a contract extension to continue to play for Cagliari until 2022. He played a total of five league games, scoring once.
2017–18: First loan to PerugiaEdit
On 7 August 2017, he was loaned to Serie B team Perugia. He debuted for the club in the Coppa Italia third round game against Benevento, where he was substituted off for Simone Emmanuello in the 79th minute. Perugia won the game 4–0. On 27 August 2017, he scored a hat trick on his Serie B debut for Perugia in a 5–1 win over Virtus Entella.
2018: Return from loanEdit
2018–19: Second loan to PerugiaEdit
On 15 August 2018, Han joined on loan to Perugia for a second time. Initially unable to play due to an injury, Han scored his first seasonal goal against Ascoli in a 0–3 away win. He ended the 2018–19 season with four goals in 20 league games.
2019–21: Loan to JuventusEdit
On 2 September 2019, Han secured a deadline day move to Juventus on a two-year loan from Cagliari, with an obligation to purchase at the end of the term. The Serie A champions initially moved him to their reserve team playing in Serie C: Juventus U23.
- As of 2 September 2019
|Perugia (loan)||Serie B||2017–18||17||7||2||0||–||–||19||7|
|Perugia (loan)||Serie B||2018–19||20||4||0||0||–||–||20||4|
|Juventus U23 (loan)||Serie C||2019–20||0||0||0||0||–||–||0||0|
- "Kwang Song Han firma per il Cagliari". www.cagliaricalcio.com (in Italian). 10 March 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Cagliari confirm signing of North Korean forward Han Kwang-Song". espnfc.com. 10 March 2017.
- "Kwang Song Han: The First North Korean To Score In Serie A". forzaitalianfootball.com. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- Campanale, Susan (10 April 2017). "Serie A Week 31: Did You Know?". Football Italia. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Official: Cagliari sign Han to 2022". Football Italia. 13 April 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- "Korea DPR - Han Kwang-Song - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". us.soccerway.com. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "N.Korean Forward Han Kwang-song Loaned to Perugia FC". Choson Ilbo. 9 August 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Serie B: Han trascina il Perugia". La Repubblica. 27 August 2017. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- "Han: 'Didn't expect Cagliari return' | Football Italia". www.football-italia.net. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "Sprofondo rossoblù – SardegnaSport". web.archive.org. 16 August 2018. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "UFFICIALE: Perugia, torna il nordcoreano Han dal Cagliari". Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Calcio, Perugia i dolori del giovane Han". umbriaON (in Italian). 19 September 2018. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "Il Perugia torna alla vittoria: 3-0 all'Ascoli. Han si è sbloccato". corrieredellumbria.corr.it. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "Tutti i movimenti di mercato dell'estate". Juventus.com. Retrieved 4 September 2019.
- "UFFICIALE - Juventus U23, dal Cagliari arriva Han Kwang Song". Tutto C (in Italian). Retrieved 4 September 2019.