Hamilton Township, Franklin County, Iowa
|• Total||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.22 sq mi (93.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,227 ft (374 m)|
|• Density||4.3/sq mi (1.7/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
50071, 50441, 50452
|GNIS feature ID||0467992|
Hamilton Township was created in 1871. It was named for Andrew Hamilton, a pioneer settler and native of Ireland.
As of the 2010 census, Hamilton Township covered an area of 36.22 square miles (93.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villagesEdit
- Coulter (southeast quarter)
The township contains Saint Johns Lutheran Cemetery.
- Cal Community School District
- Dows Community School District
- Hampton-Dumont Community School District
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 54
- State Senate District 27
- "TIGER/Line Shapefiles". United States Census Bureau.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "Hamilton Township, Franklin County, Iowa". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Stuart, I. L. (1914). History of Franklin County, Iowa: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. pp. 308–309.
- "Saint Johns Lutheran Cemetery". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2014-02-21.