Burgh Hall Street End
|As of 3 February 2009|
Source: Ground profile
Hamilton Crescent hosted the first international football match, played between Scotland and England. The game was played on 30 November 1872, ended in a goalless draw, and was watched by a crowd of 4,000.
Further international matches were held here in 1874 and 1876, before being moved to the first Hampden Park. The 1877 Scottish Cup Final was also held at Hamilton Crescent, as was one rugby union international when Scotland and Wales drew their match in the 1885 Home Nations Championship.
- "A Sporting Nation - The first international football match". BBC. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Home Scotland Results by Venue, Date, London Hearts Supporters Club
- Football. | Scottish Football Association Cup–Final Tie., The Scotsman, 19 March 1877, scan via London Hearts Supporters Club
- Football. | Vale of Leven v. Rangers–Final Cup Tie., The Scotsman, 9 April 1877, scan via London Hearts Supporters Club
- "Scotland 0G - 0G Wales (FT): Home Nations - Glasgow, 10 January 1885". ESPN. Retrieved 7 November 2021.
- Scotland | The first international, RugbyFootballHistory.com