This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in Russian. (August 2019) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
Halyk Bank (Kazakh: Қазақстан Халық Жинақ Банкі, romanized: Qazaqstan Halyq Jınaq Banki) is a commercial savings bank in Kazakhstan that also has branches in Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Its full Kazakh name translates into English as "Peoples' Savings Bank of Kazakhstan Joint-Stock Company". In Russian-language sources, the bank is often referred to as Narodny sberegatelny bank Kazakhstana (Народный сберегательный банк Казахстана), the Russian equivalent of the name. The bank is the legal successor of the Soviet-era Sberbank in Kazakhstan, analogous to Sberbank in Russia. Halyk Bank is headquartered in the city of Almaty, which was the country's capital until 1997.
|Type||Joint Stock Company|
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan|
|Alexander Pavlov (Chairman)|
Umut Shayakhmetova (Chairperson of the Management Board)
|Revenue||380.2 billion tenge (2020)|
|352.6 billion tenge (2020)|
|Total assets||10,387.8 billion tenge (2020)|
|Total equity||1,493.2 billion tenge (2020)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Halyk Bank Kyrgyzstan|
Halyk Bank Georgia
Halyk Bank merged with Kazkommertsbank on 27 July 2018. Halyk is Kazakhstan's largest bank with a 35% market share.
Due to protests in January 2022 in Kazakhstan, the share of Halyk bank traded at London stock exchange fell 16%.
On May 21, 2019, Halyk Bank rose to 1522 place from 1595 last year in the annual rating of the largest and most influential public companies in the world Global 2000, continuing to be the only representative from Kazakhstan.
On June 20, 2019, according to the results of the annual selection of the "Europe Banking Awards 2018" of the well-known international analytical magazine "EMEA Finance", Halyk Bank was awarded the title of "The Best Bank in Kazakhstan".
In 2019, Halyk Bank opened a 100% owned subsidiary in Uzbekistan, Tenge Bank.
As of January 1, 2020, the major shareholder of Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan JSC is ALMEX Holding Group JSC with a share of 64.5% of the total number of offered (excluding repurchased) shares of the Halyk Bank. JSC ALMEX Holding Group is controlled on a parity basis by Timur Kulibayev and his wife Dinara Kulibayeva, son-in-law and daughter of former President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The chairman of the bank's board since 2009 has been Umut Shayakhmetova, the chairman of the board of directors is Aleksandr Pavlov.
- ^ "HALYK BANK: THE PEOPLE'S BANK OF CHOICE". International Banker. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- ^ a b c d e "Annual Report 2020" (PDF). kase.kz. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- ^ "Kazakh banks to enter Uzbek market". The Astana Times. 15 July 2018. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- ^ "Merger of Kazkommertsbank, Halyk Bank complete". The Astana Times. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- ^ "Banks in Kazakhstan Give Mergers a Go, Again". The Diplomat. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- ^ Dawkins, David. "Kazakhstan's Tycoons–Including Members Of Nazarbayev Family–Shed Billions As Stocks Plunge". Forbes. Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ "Halyk Bank поднялся в рейтинге крупнейших компаний мира в Global 2000 | NUR.KZ". www.nur.kz (in Russian). 2019-05-22. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- ^ "Журнал "EMEA Finance" назвал лучший банк Казахстана". Информационная система ПАРАГРАФ. Retrieved 2022-01-14.
- ^ https://inbusiness.kz/ru/last/dlya-nas-uzbekistan-yavlyaetsya-tochkoj-rosta-v-centralnoj-azii-umut-shayahmetova
- ^ Welle (www.dw.com), Deutsche. "Дочь и зять Назарбаева потеряли сотни миллионов из-за протестов | DW | 08.01.2022". DW.COM (in Russian). Retrieved 2022-01-10.
- ^ "Народный банк (Халык банк) - продукты и услуги банка, телефоны горячей линий, адрес сайта и головного офиса, отзывы, рейтинг и новости Народного банка (Халык банка)". Finbee. Retrieved 2022-01-10.