Hallur Hansson (born 8 July 1992) is a Faroese professional football midfielder who currently plays for the Danish Superliga club AC Horsens. Before that he played for two and a half years for Vendsyssel FF. He has played for AaB from 2012 until 31 January 2014. The first half-year he was on loan from HB Tórshavn, but on 29 January 2013 he signed an 18-month deal with AaB. Earlier he played for Aberdeen. He is currently a member of the squad of the Faroe Islands national football team, having previously played for the Faroe Islands U21, Faroe Islands national under-19 football team, and the Faroe Islands national under-17 football team and Under 15.
|Date of birth||8 July 1992|
|Place of birth||Faroe Islands|
|2006||U15 Faroe Islands||?||(?)|
|2007–09||U17 Faroe Islands||12||(0)|
|2009–2011||U19 Faroe Islands||7||(1)|
|2009–||U21 Faroe Islands||10||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 April 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 8 September 2018 
Hansson played for some years for the football club in Vágur, Suðuroy; the club's name was formerly VB Vágur, in 2005 they merged with Sumba Football Club and was called VB/Sumba, who changed their name in 2010 to FC Suðuroy. Hansson lived in Vágur for some years with his family at that time, but later they moved to Tórshavn and he began to play for HB Tórshavn. It was in 2008 while he played for HB Tórshavn's youth team and some matches for the second best division, that he signed a two-year deal with Aberdeen in Scotland together with Gilli Sørensen from Tvøroyri, who also played for HB Tórshavn at that time. Hansson and Sørensen were spotted by Aberdeen at the Aberdeen International Football Festival in 2006. Hallur Hansson played on the U17 Faroe Islands team which participated at the Aberdeen International Football Festival 2007. Hansson's team won the football competition in Aberdeen. In May 2010, both Faroese players (Hansson and Sørensen) extended their contracts with the club. Hansson made his debut for Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier League on 27 November 2010. Aberdeen lost 2–0 in their away match against Kilmarnock.
On 29 January 2013, he signed a one-and-a-half-year deal with Danish Superliga club AaB after playing for the club for a half-year on loan from HB Tórshavn. He has made six appearances for AaB's Superliga team. On 31 January 2014, AaB announced that they no longer had a contract with Hansson. In February 2014, he made a contract with the Faroese club Víkingur Gøta.
On 17 June 2016, Hansson signed a two-year contract with Danish Superliga club AC Horsens.
Hansson went to Aberdeen in Scotland in the summer of 2007 with the U17 Faroe Islands team to play in the Aberdeen International Football Festival. Hansson and his team won the competition; it was the first time that the Faroe Islands U17 won this competition.
Hansson made his debut for the Faroe Islands national football team in a friendly loss to Iceland on 15 August 2012. His performance earned him a starting place for the team's first 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match, a 3–0 defeat to Germany in Hannover.
On 11 October 2013, Hansson scored his first international goal in a 1–1 draw with Kazakhstan in World Cup qualification. On 13 June 2015, he scored the Faroes' opening goal in a 2–1 win over former European champions Greece.
- Scores and results list Faroe Islands' goal tally first.
|1.||11 October 2013||Tórsvøllur, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands||Kazakhstan||1–0||1–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|||
|2.||19 November 2013||Ta' Qali National Stadium, Ta' Qali, Malta||Malta||1–3||2–3||Friendly|||
|3.||1 March 2014||Victoria Stadium, Gibraltar||Gibraltar||3–1||4–1||Friendly|||
|4.||13 June 2015||Tórsvøllur, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands||Greece||1–0||2–1||UEFA Euro 2016 qualification|||
|5.||7 September 2018||Tórsvøllur, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands||Malta||3–1||3–1||2018–19 UEFA Nations League D|
- in.fo - Hallur Hansson fer av landinum
- http://fodbold.aabsport.dk/nyheder/2012/09/aab-henter-faeroesk-landsholdsspiller.aspx (in danish)
- Fodbold.aabsport.dk Ny AaB-aftale til Hallur Hansson
- AFC.co.uk, Under 19 Squad 10/11
- Dimma.fo (Faroese newspaper)
- Football.fo, The Faroe Islands Football Association. "Úttøka av U19-landsliðnum til EM-undankapping í 2010" (In Faroese)
- Faroesoccer.com, Hallur Hansson
- Soccerandequipment.com, Rógvi Holm extends Aberdeen contract (They mention here that Hallur Hansson originally came from VB Vágur.
- AFC.co.uk, Faroe Tale
- Portal.fo, Hallur Hansson og Gilli Sørensen úr HB seldir til Aberdeen FC (in Faroese)
- Football.fo, Mál: U15 og U17-landsliðini til AIFF 2006 (Aim: U15 and U17 national teams to AIFF 2006).
- Football.fo (In Faroese). Archived 28 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- AFC.co.uk, Team of youngsters.
- Sportal.fo, Hallur Hansson debut í skotsku Premier League
- fodbold.aabsport.dk, AaB ophæver Hallur Hanssons kontrakt
- Football.fo Archived 28 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Season review: Faroe Islands". UEFA. 10 October 2012.
- "Faroe Islands pegged back by Kazakhstan". UEFA. 11 October 2013.
- "Armenia 2-3 Portugal". BBC. 13 June 2015.
- "Hansson, Hállur". National Football Teams. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "Faroe Islands 1-1 Kazakhstan". ESPN. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Malta 3 - Faroe Islands 2". ESPN. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "4‐1 defeat for Gibraltar against the Faroe Islands". GBC. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Faroe Islands 2 Greece 1". BBC Sport. Retrieved 14 June 2015.