Manuel Ortiz Partida (born May 22, 1971) is a professional wrestler who is currently wrestling the independent circuit in Mexico, particularly in the Tijuana area. He is better known by his stage name Halloween but is also known in the United States as Ciclope, a character he portrayed in World Championship Wrestling.
|Birth name||Manuel Ortiz Partida|
|Born||May 22, 1971|
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Billed weight||94 kg (207 lb)|
|Billed from||Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico|
|Trained by||Rey Misterio, Sr.|
Professional wrestling careerEdit
Manuel Ortiz Partida, debut in the pros in 1990, spent his time in the Independent Circuit. He wrestled as "Halloween" for most of his career. In 1996, Ortiz joined WCW where he took the name "Ciclope". His biggest moment in wrestling was part of the feud between Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko. Malenko, who had been inactive for a few months prior, dressed up as Ciclope to win a Cruiserweight battle royale to determine the number one contendership to Chris Jericho's Cruiserweight Title. Jericho had been refusing to grant Malenko contendership, making the disguise necessary.
After his time there was over, he lost the Ciclope mask to Antifaz del Norte early in 1999. He quickly reverted to his Halloween character but lost his mask again on December 24, 1999 in a match against Super Parka. He has wrestled in many United States promotions over the years including for USA Pro Wrestling, Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) and Luchamania. In 2002 he along with La Familia de Tijuana (a group consisting of himself, Damián 666, Nicho el Millonario, Rey Misterio, Sr. and their valet Lady Victoria. although Rey did not come for the tour) came to Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre in Mexico City. The trio won the National Trios title but Nicho had a falling out with management and La Familia soon left entirely. They continued to work for independent promoters until CMLL called them back in 2005 to wrestle against Negro Casas, Heavy Metal and Felino on a show celebrating Negro's 25 years of wrestling. Perro Aguayo, Jr. recruited him and Damián for his Los Perros del Mal group. However, Halloween suffered a leg injury and his role was minimalized. After Universo 2000 used the illegal martinete on Damián 666, Halloween challenged Univeso to a hair vs. hair match on the December 2 show. After losing the match and his hair, Halloween underwent knee surgery that put him out of action for several months after which he was released from CMLL. In 2009 Halloween joined Aguayo's Perros del Mal Producciones, where he reunited with Damián 666. In June 2010, Halloween became a major part of a storyline, where Los Perros del Mal invaded AAA. On June 18, 2011, at Triplemanía XIX, Halloween, Damián 666 and X-Fly defeated Los Psycho Circus in a tournament final to become the first ever AAA World Trios Champions. On July 31 at Verano de Escándalo, Los Perros del Mal faced Los Psycho Circus in a steel cage match, where the last person left in the cage would lose either his hair or mask. The match ended with Psycho Clown escaping the cage, leaving X-Fly inside and forcing him to have his hair shaved off. On October 9 at Héroes Inmortales, Los Perros del Mal and Los Psycho Circus ended their year long rivalry, when Halloween, Damián 666 and Nicho el Millonario were defeated in a Masks vs. Hairs steel cage match and were all shaved bald. After a five-month break from the rivalry, Los Perros del Mal lost the AAA World Trios Championship to Los Psycho Circus on March 11, 2012. The following day, Halloween, Damián 666 and X-Fly announced that they had quit Los Perros del Mal.
On March 13, 2012, Halloween, Bestia 666, Damián 666, Super Nova and X-Fly announced that they were forming La Familia de Tijuana, a group of independent wrestlers, much like Los Perros del Mal, with the exception that they were not looking to form their own promotion. On March 29, International Wrestling Revolution Group (IWRG) was officially announced as La Familia de Tijuana's new home promotion. Afterwards, Halloween was the only member of La Familia de Tijuana, who kept appearing on AAA events. After initially teasing dissension with El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween reunited with Los Perros del Mal on April 1. On April 19, Halloween officially severed his ties with the rest of La Familia de Tijuana and returned to Los Perros del Mal. On August 5 at Triplemanía XX, Halloween reunited with former partner Extreme Tiger for one night to take part in a Parejas Suicidas steel cage match, featuring three other former tag teams. However, both Halloween and Tiger managed to escape the cage and avoid having to face each other in a Hair vs. Mask match. In late 2012, Halloween started a romance storyline with Mari Apache, which led to the two winning the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship on October 7. Later, in the main event of the same evening, Halloween lost his hair to Dark Cuervo in an eight man tag team Domo de la Muerte. Halloween and Apache lost the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship to Drago and Faby Apache on July 19, 2013.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
- DTU Lucha Profesional Mexicana
- DTU Consagrado Championship (1 time, current)
- Nueva Generacion Xtrema
- NGX World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Damián 666
- Perros del Mal Producciones
- Copa Perros del Mal Extremo (2011)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him # 89 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI 500 in 2006.
- Revolution Pro Wrestling
- World Wrestling Association
- WWA World Junior Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Organization
- WWO Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Damián 666
- Xtreme Latin American Wrestling
- XLAW Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Damián 666
- Xtreme Pro Wrestling
- Other titles:
- LAWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)
- WWEA Extreme Championship (1 time)
Luchas de Apuestas recordEdit
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Halloween (mask)||León Negro (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||January 18, 1996|||
|Halloween (mask)||León Negro (mask)||San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora||Live event||January 26, 1996||[Note 1]|
|Halloween (mask)||Thunderbird (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||October 18, 1996|||
|Antifaz del Norte (mask)||Ciclope (mask)||Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas||Live event||1999|||
|Halloween (hair)||Super Parka (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||October 15, 1999||[Note 2]|
|Halloween (hair)||Super Muñeco (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||November 26, 1999||[Note 3]|
|Halloween (mask)||La Máscara[Note 4] (hair)||Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas||Live event||December 6, 1999|||
|Super Parka (mask)||Halloween (mask)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||December 24, 1999|||
|Damián 666 (hair)||Halloween (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||June 29, 2001|
|Halloween (hair)||Bestia Salvaje (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||March 15, 2002||[Note 5]|
|Halloween (hair)||Brazo de Plata (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||June 25, 2004|
|Shocker (hair)||Halloween (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||September 10, 2004|
|Universo 2000 (hair)||Halloween (hair)||Mexico City||Juicio Final||December 2, 2005|||
|Super Nova (mask)||Halloween (hair)||Tijuana, Baja California||Live event||May 5, 2010||[Note 6]|
|Halloween (hair)||Coco Rojo (hair)||Tlalnepantla de Baz, State of Mexico||Live event||July 10, 2011||[Note 7]|
|Los Psycho Circus (masks)
(Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown)
|Los Perros del Mal (hair)
(Halloween, Damián 666 and Nicho el Millonario)
|Monterrey, Nuevo León||Héroes Inmortales||October 9, 2011||[Note 8]|
|Dark Cuervo (hair)||Halloween (hair)||San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí||Héroes Inmortales||October 7, 2012||[Note 9]|
- Triangle match that included Damián 666
- Hair vs. hair between two masked wrestlers.
- Hair vs. hair between two masked wrestlers
- This was not the current La Máscara
- Los Guapos vs. La Familia de Tijuana hair match.
- Steel cage match that also included Damián 666, Lizmark, Jr., El Hijo de LA Park, Groon XXX and El Oriental
- Steel cage match, where Los Perros del Mal (Halloween, Damián 666 and Ek Balam) faced Los Payasos Tricolor (Coco Rojo, Coco Azul and Coco Amarillo) and Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown).
- Steel cage Masks vs. Hairs match.
- Domo de la Muerte, where Los Perros del Mal (Halloween, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Psicosis and Teddy Hart) faced Dark Cuervo, Cibernético, Dark Ozz and Jack Evans.
- "Halloween". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "Statistics for Professional wrestlers". PWI Presents: 2008 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts. Kappa Publications. pp. 66–79. 2008 Edition.
- "Enciclopedia de las Mascaras". Ciclope (in Spanish). Mexico City, Mexico. September 2007. p. 53. Tomo II.
- "Enciclopedia de las Mascaras". Halloween (in Spanish). Mexico City, Mexico. September 2007. p. 35. Tomo II.
- "Los Reyes de Mexico: La Historia de Los Campeonatos Nacionales". Lucha 2000 (in Spanish). 2004-12-20. Especial 21.
- Arturo Rosas Plata (2007-04-26). "Los Perros del campeones!". Ovaciones (in Spanish). Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V. p. 21. Número 20843 Año LX. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- Ocampo, Jorge (February 18, 2009). "Halloween, Pequeño Halloween, Mr. Aguilita y Cosmico a los Perros del Mal". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 8, 2009.
- "Triplemanía XVIII: Fiesta de Fiestas". Lucha Libre AAA World Wide (in Spanish). June 7, 2010. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (June 17, 2011). "Triplemania XIX (Cobertura y resultados 18 de Junio de 2011) – LA Park vs El Mesias Mascara vs Cabellera, TNA invade Triple A". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 18, 2011.
- "X-Fly fue rapado en Verano de Escándalo". Récord (in Spanish). June 30, 2011. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (October 9, 2011). "AAA Héroes Inmortales (Cobertura y resultados 9 de Octubre de 2011) – Mesias y Sting empatan y unen sus fuerzas contra Konnan, Jarrett y sus aliados, Wagner gana pero Octagón y La Parka lo traicionan, los perros pierden las cabelleras". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "Psycho Circus nuevos campeones de tercias AAA". Lucha Libre AAA World Wide (in Spanish). March 12, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (March 12, 2012). "¿X-Fly, Damián 666 y Halloween fuera de los Perros del Mal?". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "Renace la Familia de Tijuana". Medio Tiempo (in Spanish). March 13, 2012. Retrieved March 14, 2012.
- "La Familia de Tijuana se integra a las filas de IWRG 2012-03-29". International Wrestling Revolution Group (in Spanish). March 29, 2012. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- "Los Perros se refuerzan en Pachuca". Lucha Libre AAA World Wide (in Spanish). April 2, 2012. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Estoy contento de estar donde estoy por que es donde quiero estar". The Gladiatores (in Spanish). April 19, 2012. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (August 5, 2012). "Triplemania XX "El día ha llegado" (Cobertura y resultados 5 de agosto de 2012) – Máscara vs máscara: Dr. Wagner vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr. – ¡Kurt Angle en México!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 7, 2012). "Héroes Inmortales (VI): ¡Halloween y Mary Apache, nuevos Campeones de Parejas Mixtas AAA!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Mexicool, Rey (October 7, 2012). "Héroes Inmortales (VI): ¡Halloween pelón en el Domo de la Muerte!". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "Cae Halloween en Héroes Inmortales". Medio Tiempo (in Spanish). October 8, 2012. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "Feliz Bicampeona de AAA, Faby Apache". Medio Tiempo (in Spanish). July 22, 2013. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "Lo Mejor de la Lucha Libre Mexicana 2008". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 6, 2008. issue 296. Retrieved July 11, 2009.
- Mexicool, Rey (February 15, 2012). "Perros del Mal (Resultados 14 de feb.): Héctor Garza, nuevo Campeón Nacional Completo – Halloween gana la Copa Extrema de la jauría". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2012.
- "The "PWI" 500". PWI Presents: 2008 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts. Kappa Publications. pp. 62–63. 2008 Edition.
- "Mexico's Most Wanted". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "Independent Wrestling Results – July 2003". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- Guzmán, Alejandro (November 8, 2018). "5 importantes cabelleras ganadas por idolos Tijuanenses". TJ Sports (in Spanish). Retrieved November 8, 2018.
- "2005 Lo Mejor de la Lucha Mexicana". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 3, 2006. Issue 140.
- Boutwell, Josh (May 7, 2010). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- "Halloween despeluca a Coco Rojo". Récord (in Spanish). July 11, 2011. Archived from the original on April 4, 2012. Retrieved July 12, 2011.