This article needs to be updated.July 2017)(
Hallo Berlin was a restaurant on Tenth Avenue between West 44th and 45th Streets in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City. It consisted of a beer garden restaurant and a street cart. They served authentic German beer and cuisine like frankfurters, sauerkraut, potato pancakes, red cabbage, spätzle, wursts and other foods. Hallo Berlin's motto was: "New York's wurst restaurant." The owners announced the restaurant's closure in June 2017.
Hallo Berlin's pushcart is located on 54th Street and Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. In 2004, New York magazine named it one of four "best power lunches" in the city. It was also awarded the Vendy Award in 2005, ranking first among New York City's street food vendors.
- "Street Eats: Hallo Berlin". Gothamist. April 19, 2006. Archived from the original on October 19, 2006.
- Kari Milchman. "Cheap Eats:Hallo Berlin". New York Press. Archived from the original on October 14, 2007. Retrieved November 15, 2006.
- "Hallo Berlin – Hell's Kitchen Restaurant Guide". New York. Retrieved November 15, 2006.
- "Manhattan's First French-Creole Restaurant Opening on 10th Ave., Owner Says". DNAinfo New York. Archived from the original on 2018-05-01. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- New York Daily News Archived 2009-10-28 at the Wayback Machine Rolf Babiel death notice
- "Best Power Lunch – Best of New York 2004". New York. March 22, 2004.
- "Street Vendor Project – Vendy Awards 2005 Finalists". Urban Justice. Archived from the original on October 10, 2006. Retrieved November 15, 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hallo Berlin.|
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|