Hallie Marie Jackson (born April 29, 1984) is Chief White House correspondent for NBC News, an anchor for its cable division, MSNBC, and a fill-in anchor for Today. She worked in Salisbury, Maryland; Dover, Delaware; Hartford, Connecticut; New Haven, Connecticut; and Baltimore, Maryland, before joining NBC News in 2014.
Jackson reporting during an anti-Trump protest at Trump Tower in 2016
Hallie Marie Jackson
April 29, 1984
|Alma mater||Johns Hopkins University|
|Television||NBC Nightly News |
|Honors||Phi Beta Kappa|
Personal life and educationEdit
Jackson was born on April 29, 1984, in Yardley, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Heidi and David Jackson. In 2002, she graduated from Pennsbury High School. In 2006, Jackson graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Johns Hopkins University with a B.A. degree in political science.
She started her journalism career at WBOC-TV in the towns of Salisbury, Maryland and Dover, Delaware, in 2006, until her departure for WFSB in the cities of Hartford, Connecticut and New Haven, Connecticut during 2008. Her career led her to Hearst Corporation in 2012, where she reported for their 26 stations from Washington, D.C.. Jackson became an NBC News reporter and journalist in 2014, where she covered the Ted Cruz presidential campaign for the network as their embedded reporter. In late summer 2016 Jackson began anchoring the 1 P.M. ET edition of MSNBC Live, NBC News' daytime coverage platform. In January 2017, NBC named Jackson as its Chief White House correspondent, while also stating that she would transition time slots and anchor MSNBC's 10:00 a.m. hour.
- "Phi Beta Kappa to Induct New Members". The JHU Gazette. May 1, 2006. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Hallie Jackson (@HallieJackson) (April 29, 2014). "Thanks for all the birthday wishes! Out contemplating the unending passage of time with some Paleozoic-era rocks. :)". Twitter. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Hallie Jackson Douglas Hitchner". Doylestown Intelligencer. April 17, 2011.
David and Heidi Jackson of Fallsington are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Hallie Jackson to Douglas Hitchner, son of Elam and Mary Kay Hitchner of Haverford. Hallie is a 2002 graduate of PHS and obtained her Bachelor's degree in Political Science from Johns Hopkins University. She currently works as a news anchor and reporter for station WFSB in Hartford
- "msnbc-broadcasts-from-washington-crossing-park". Newton PA. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Knox, Merrill (July 15, 2014). "Hallie Jackson Joins NBC News". Adweek. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Knox, Merrill (April 26, 2012). "WFSB Anchor Hallie Jackson Joining Hearst's Washington Bureau". Adweek. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Ariens, Chris (January 18, 2017). "NBC Names Hallie Jackson White House Correspondent, Kasie Hunt to Capitol Hill". Adweek. Retrieved January 18, 2017.